Why so little traffic on a Mustang Usenet group?

Old April 11th 13, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_6_]

Default Why so little traffic on a Mustang Usenet group?

"AMiews" wrote in message ...

Yawn.

dwight

Old April 12th 13, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 19:24:26 -0500, "WindsorFox<SS>"
> wrote:

>On 4/10/2013 17:16, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>> One of the biggest problems on Forums, besides the fact that the mere
>> proliferation of them has horribly segmented the potential user base,
>> is trying to read new, threaded messages. You need to constantly
>> start over, going up and down the tree to get to what's new and many
>> times it's hard to tell what's new till you "get there". Decent
>> Usenet Readers have made all this stuff like a warm knife thru butter
>> but sadly the tide is against them.
>>

> It's easier if you know how to manipulate the software, but I'm a
>moderator and administrator so I have more experience than a lot of people.

True, but the downside is there are several different softwares
running forums so what you learn on one may not work on the other.
Plus, it seems like some of the authors of forum software have no idea
what "usability" means and can make finding a simple search box and
Easter egg hunt.
Old May 12th 13, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
A Guy Named Steve

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:26:13 PM UTC-7, WindsorFox<SS> wrote:

> Maybe he used to be herc ast or troy the troll and thinks hes funny?
>
> I fondly remember Michael Dykes and Steve Everest in "Flaming to music"
>
> ROFL!

It's good to be remembered fondly, and not fondling...

Steve
Head of the Bashing Department
"I'll Add That to My Threat Collection" -Dirty Harry
**** Disturber
Old May 13th 13, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_6_]

"A Guy Named Steve" wrote in message

> It's good to be remembered fondly, and not fondling...
>
> Steve
> Head of the Bashing Department
> "I'll Add That to My Threat Collection" -Dirty Harry
> **** Disturber

Any more, I feel like an outsider. No more Mustangs for me... But the Ford
Focus newsgroup is even DEADER than this one. AND, damned if I can find any
decent Focus apparel. Mustangs, sure, you've got your pick of jackets, T's,
whatever. Focus....eh... not so much.

Half my damn wardrobe still says Mustang on it.

dwight

Old April 3rd 17, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 9:55:42 PM UTC-5, A Guy Named Steve wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:26:13 PM UTC-7, WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
> >

> > Maybe he used to be herc ast or troy the troll and thinks hes funny?
> >
> > I fondly remember Michael Dykes and Steve Everest in "Flaming to music"
> >
> > ROFL!

> It's good to be remembered fondly, and not fondling...
>
> Steve
> Head of the Bashing Department
> "I'll Add That to My Threat Collection" -Dirty Harry
> **** Disturber

Although I'm replying to a nearly 4 year old post on an ancient newsgroup (is "ancient newsgroup" redundant?), do you still have the Skylark GS 455?
Old July 16th 17, 10:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Old November 4th 17, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
A Guy Named Steve

On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 4:54:08 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> On Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 9:55:42 PM UTC-5, A Guy Named Steve wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:26:13 PM UTC-7, WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
> > >

> > > Maybe he used to be herc ast or troy the troll and thinks hes funny?
> > >
> > > I fondly remember Michael Dykes and Steve Everest in "Flaming to music"
> > >
> > > ROFL!

> > It's good to be remembered fondly, and not fondling...
> >
> > Steve
> > Head of the Bashing Department
> > "I'll Add That to My Threat Collection" -Dirty Harry
> > **** Disturber

> Although I'm replying to a nearly 4 year old post on an ancient newsgroup (is "ancient newsgroup" redundant?), do you still have the Skylark GS 455?

And here I am replying to your reply... months later.

I don't have the GS455 anymore. The black 71 was sold is 2002, IIRC. I did pick up $300 Skylark with a blown 350 around 2005. I had a 455 that went into it. I never got it finished though. I put some really good heads/intake on it along with a trans with a stall somewhere in the mid 2000's. It still had the original 2.56 open rear in it. I drove it to the drag strip with some straight pipe into 3" Dynomax mufflers. With the rear and stall converter, I had to drive in 2nd gear (TH400, I think). It was a stock block with the heads/intake/Holley 850/headers. It went 13.50 @ 106 mph, crossing the line still in 2nd gear. But the 1-2 shift point was higher than it should have been and a bearing was spun.

A friend who set up the engine swap, had the motor rebuilt with some .030 pistons I had, a better cam, and he had the heads ported. But I never got it finished. I ended up selling it to another friend who has a GS400 that needed a motor. Then he sold the body to the guy who done all the work to build something for his son.

I'm always on the lookout for something, but it hasn't been a priority. I'd love to get back on the track. I did, however, get to do the Xtreme Xperience down in NOLA in 2016. Drove a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Ferrari 458 around their big track. I didn't see the speed on the straight in the Gallardo, but the instructor figured about 140mph. In the 458, I saw the needle sweep past 145 while I was still in it.

So there ya go...