A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Ford Mustang
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

BE WARNED! The truth about LocTronics!

Old April 29th 16, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default BE WARNED! The truth about LocTronics!

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 6:51:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Well it's 2016 now and I'm pretty sure no one will read this, but I have this Loctronics installed in the 1987 Camry I purchased a couple of months ago. I was wondering if you guys uninstalled it and how easy it was? Where is it located in the car. The Loctronics thing is really annoying. Especially when I'm in a hurry and I know for a fact in 2016 this thing is pretty damn useless

It shouldn't be hard to remove and fix. It most likely is installed with the starter solenoid wire cut in two and then this unit is connected to the 2 wires to prevent the starting of the car without the special part connected in the slot. Most likely if removed the only thing that would need to be done is connecting the solenoid wires back together. Preferably with soldering them and then taping them over.
Ads