What can you do with a two-post lift?

Old February 28th 08, 11:11 PM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.tech
Chief McGee

Default What can you do with a two-post lift?

Obviously they can pick up cars and trucks. But what else can you do with
them? I have seen them lift a body off a chassis. I have heard of placing a
beam across the arms and using a chain in the middle to lift an engine out
or place an item in the back of a truck. Any other "tricks" I should know?
Thanks

Old February 28th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Figure out a way nobody but you knows how to raise the lift.Park your
car on it and raise it up.Nobody can steal your car.
cuhulin

Old February 29th 08, 12:01 AM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.tech
Bob La Londe

"Chief McGee" > wrote in message
newscHxj.54311$yE1.25654@attbi_s21...

Don't know about a 2 post lift, but I always liked a forklift for pulling
and spearing engines.

Old February 29th 08, 10:08 PM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.tech
Doug Adams

How about a piece of plywood on it to use as a temporary work bench?

Or maybe pull the lawnmower (snowmobile) on it to work on it.

Old March 1st 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

Mike > wrote in article

> "*" > wrote in message
> >

> > Mike > wrote in article
> >>
> >> "*" > wrote in message

your

down.

is
> > just
> >> >

> >> Not really. You put the car up on the lift then let it down on the

> > safety
> >> stops, then you shut off the power. Now you need to RAISE the car to

get
> > it
> >> DOWN off the lift. Pretty simple.
> >>

> > Of the lift "safetys" I have seen, most can be overcome by slight

prying
> > with a tire iron.
> >

> Why don't you give it a try and let everyone know how well it works ?

Sure thing!

As long as I can use YOUR lift. I don't want to bend mine.

If I was stealing a car, I wouldn't give a schidt about the lift.

Old March 1st 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin

"*" > wrote in news:01c87bad$87e74b20$2d93c3d8
@race:

?

> Sure thing!
>
> As long as I can use YOUR lift. I don't want to bend mine.
>
> If I was stealing a car, I wouldn't give a schidt about the lift.

To disable or overcome the safty locks on my lift you would have to be
under it. good luck diving out of the way. KB

--
THUNDERSNAKE #9

Protect your rights or "Lose" them
The 2nd Admendment guarantees the others

GC 2001 - lift gate + lift window won't open P.Schuman Jeep 0 October 9th 07 03:49 PM
4-post automotive lift Chief McGee Technology 0 December 7th 06 04:18 PM
Four post car lift dswanson Technology 0 June 18th 06 11:57 PM
2-Post Lift mike Technology 16 September 9th 05 10:57 AM
Body Lift vs. Suspension Lift vs. Spring Over River Horse Jeep 4 March 3rd 05 01:55 AM