open door beeper beeps witn out keys in the ignition

Old September 10th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
hackerjax

Default open door beeper beeps witn out keys in the ignition

Its a 2000 ford explorer. The beeper that clangs when you open the door
with your keys in the ignition beeps even with out keys in the ignition. I
suspect it is a door switch, but I don't have a clue how to either verify
that or find it or replace it.

I would be fine with just unpluging the beeper before it drives me stark
raving insane!

any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Old September 17th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
hackerjax

Thanks for the reply, Yes I wish it was that easy. I have had two different
shops look at it and cower away because its electrical. It shouldn't be a
big deal, I just can't figure out where the damm thing is! I have looked
under the dash and I hear it but can't find it. When I unplug the fuse for
it, it takes down my automatic windows.

Old October 15th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
brad

its a ground wire in the steering console a easy fix
lkaboutautos.com...