86 Audi 500 Rear Brake caliper leaking

Old February 11th 06, 03:32 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 86 Audi 500 Rear Brake caliper leaking

Hi,

Got a problem with my Gerling caliper on the right rear. This is the 2nd
one that I've put on. It leaks brake fluid out of the parking brake shaft
openning. I have not adjusted the parking brake yet. Will this cause it to
leak?

Thanks!

Kirk S.

Old February 11th 06, 05:51 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Parking brake is internally self adjusting.

Seems you have a bad shaft seal and need a rebuild.

Old February 12th 06, 07:59 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Tony,

Thanks... Back to O'reilly then...

Kirk S.