Indiana Speeders BEWARE new UNMARKED Mustang GTs - nothing new

Old June 6th 08, 08:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
c palmer

Default Indiana Speeders BEWARE new UNMARKED Mustang GTs - nothing new

hi - folks......

having lived in indiana for most of my life - other than a trip or two
to vietnam. here's some interesting facts that i know.

it was back in 1963, that indiana put the 426 cross ram hemi police
cruiser on the highway to patrol. they were good for 180+ mph. i
was caught by one when i was a teenager back then and there's a story
behind that.

it is in that time frame that indiana was also the first state to use
VASCAR. they had 11 different ways of clocking you - even without the
use of radar.

back in the early 90's, indiana used mustangs with factory installed
351's with superchargers. as one trooper told me, if i can't catch
you with my foot to the floor, then, i will push this little yellow
button on the dash and then - i will catch up with you.

the cameros came out around the late 90's and the newspaper even posted
the top factory speed of those at 162 mph and they were used to catch
the local students going to the university who would fly down the
expressway trying to make it to class.

now, here's another tid bit......... for all those using radar
detectors..... my information may be dated....

i had one in the car back in the late 80's and early 90's.

the local chief of police (good friend) stopped by my store and we were
shooting the breeze. his was sitting in his patrol car and after a
while, he started to laugh and i asked him what's so funny.

he said that he's using his instant on feature on his radar unit and was
keying his radar to see how fast my radar detector would put it up. he
said, "watch this" and he pushed his button and it was about a full
second later that the lights went off on my radar detector. he said,
"i've already got your speed and your radar detector never knew what hit
it"

i quit using one a long time ago, and just set the cruise control and
forget it.

wish everyone a great day and a better tomorrow.....

~ curtis

knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional
"Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is
invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so."
http://community.webtv.net/PALMER_ENT/doc

Old June 6th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RM v2.0[_2_]

> he said that he's using his instant on feature on his radar unit and was
> keying his radar to see how fast my radar detector would put it up. he
> said, "watch this" and he pushed his button and it was about a full
> second later that the lights went off on my radar detector. he said,
> "i've already got your speed and your radar detector never knew what hit
> it"
>
> i quit using one a long time ago, and just set the cruise control and
> forget it.

True, if you are alone on the road you will get nailed by instant on. But,
the hope is you will pick it up when the car in front of you gets radar'd.
Since I am rarely alone on the road detectors work well for me.

Old June 6th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

c palmer wrote:

> he said that he's using his instant on feature on his radar unit and was
> keying his radar to see how fast my radar detector would put it up. he
> said, "watch this" and he pushed his button and it was about a full
> second later that the lights went off on my radar detector. he said,
> "i've already got your speed and your radar detector never knew what hit
> it"

It's a little different out on the road, especially when there are
cars in front of you and I bet a Valentine would wipe that smirk off his
face...

--

"Listen asshole, this case is not closed. I demand
that <the Better BUsiness Beureau> order the abusive