FS: '93 LX 5.0

Old May 29th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_37_]

Default '93 LX 5.0

"dwight" > wrote in
news
> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> 1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
>> 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
>> Auburn, cc plates, etc.

> I guess I kinda understand, but I don't know why you want to sell of
> such a low-mileage example. Don't you want to at least drive it first?

It gets out once in a while. Hey, I could've said 59k and nobody ever
would've known.

> I just got nailed in TFrog for my first speeding ticket in almost 20
> years. My spidey sense never went off, and I drove right into a police
> kill zone. Cop said I was doing 76, but I know that wasn't right. I
> was going much faster.
>
> He wrote me up for doing 60 in a 55 zone, no points. It may have been
> that it was my own borough police working that highway and they took
> it easy on me for being a local, or it may have been my very clean
> record. Or it may have been the fact that I flashed him my tits.
> Whatever, I got off easy.

A quick flash never hurts.

Old May 29th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default FS: '93 LX 5.0

>>> http://www.ekrosen.com/wrx.html

>> The Subaru is a much more useful car than the LX and it probably
>> performs better in all respects too. Plus, it is the "in" car for his
>> age group. Will there be a replacement for the LX?

> Nope - I need the money to help with the purchase of the WRX.

That boy had better appreciate your sacrifice. Maybe he can replace
it with another one when he gets that high paying engineering job when
he graduates.
Old May 29th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> "dwight" > wrote in
> news >
>> "Joe" > wrote in message
>>> 1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
>>> 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
>>> Auburn, cc plates, etc.

>> I guess I kinda understand, but I don't know why you want to sell of
>> such a low-mileage example. Don't you want to at least drive it first?

> It gets out once in a while. Hey, I could've said 59k and nobody ever
> would've known.
>

>> I just got nailed in TFrog for my first speeding ticket in almost 20
>> years. My spidey sense never went off, and I drove right into a police
>> kill zone. Cop said I was doing 76, but I know that wasn't right. I
>> was going much faster.
>>
>> He wrote me up for doing 60 in a 55 zone, no points. It may have been
>> that it was my own borough police working that highway and they took
>> it easy on me for being a local, or it may have been my very clean
>> record. Or it may have been the fact that I flashed him my tits.
>> Whatever, I got off easy.

> A quick flash never hurts.

Especially when driving in San Fransisco.

Old May 29th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_27_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in news:L-
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

>> 3.73

as

>> ready

>> running

sells

gas

>> it

Intercooled,

>> Porsche

>> 16"

doesn't

>> it

http://www.farmertan.com/daily/111702/photo.html
>>> The Subaru is a much more useful car than the LX and it probably
>>> performs better in all respects too. Plus, it is the "in" car for

his
>>> age group. Will there be a replacement for the LX?

>> Nope - I need the money to help with the purchase of the WRX.

> That boy had better appreciate your sacrifice. Maybe he can

replace
> it with another one when he gets that high paying engineering job when
> he graduates.

He was torn more than I was. He wanted me to keep the LX so we could
restore it later, but the WRX was more than he could resist. I, being
the practical one, saw the obvious decision: The LX goes up for sale.

Michael, you know the affinity you have for the 240SX? Take a drive in
a WRX and see if the 240SX doesn't go down the toilet in a heartbeat.
The combination of AWD and a 230hp intercooled turbo is nothing to take
lightly.
Old May 29th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in news:L-
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

>>> 3.73

> as

>>> ready
>>> running

> sells

> gas
>>> it

> Intercooled,
>>> Porsche
>>> 16"

> doesn't

>>> it

http://www.farmertan.com/daily/111702/photo.html

> his
>>> Nope - I need the money to help with the purchase of the WRX.

>> That boy had better appreciate your sacrifice. Maybe he can

> replace
>> it with another one when he gets that high paying engineering job when
>> he graduates.

> He was torn more than I was. He wanted me to keep the LX so we could
> restore it later, but the WRX was more than he could resist. I, being
> the practical one, saw the obvious decision: The LX goes up for sale.
>
> Michael, you know the affinity you have for the 240SX? Take a drive in
> a WRX and see if the 240SX doesn't go down the toilet in a heartbeat.
> The combination of AWD and a 230hp intercooled turbo is nothing to take
> lightly.

I think anything with AWD, that small and 200+ hp would perform like
hell. It couldn't help it. That is one rice rocket I could drive
daily. Maybe that and the Mitsubishi variant. I have always like the
boxer four they use in the Subarus. It just seems like a natural layout
for smoothness, compactness and lowering the center of gravity for
better handling.

Mustangs come and go so the idea of rebuilding one is never off the
table. By the time you two would be finished with the car it would be
just about as endeared to you as the one you have in the garage, IMO.
Old May 29th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
gernic[_2_]

"Joe" > wrote in message
> Michael Johnson > wrote in news:L-
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

>>> 3.73

> as

>>> ready
>>> running

> sells

> gas
>>> it

> Intercooled,
>>> Porsche
>>> 16"

> doesn't

>>> it

http://www.farmertan.com/daily/111702/photo.html

> his
>>>
>>> Nope - I need the money to help with the purchase of the WRX.

>> That boy had better appreciate your sacrifice. Maybe he can

> replace
>> it with another one when he gets that high paying engineering job when
>> he graduates.

> He was torn more than I was. He wanted me to keep the LX so we could
> restore it later, but the WRX was more than he could resist. I, being
> the practical one, saw the obvious decision: The LX goes up for sale.
>
> Michael, you know the affinity you have for the 240SX? Take a drive in
> a WRX and see if the 240SX doesn't go down the toilet in a heartbeat.
> The combination of AWD and a 230hp intercooled turbo is nothing to take
> lightly.

I test drove one of them, real nice, the AWD has a real smooth feeling to
it. more in control.
Not the learchy two wheel drive spinning back tires of mustang.

Old May 30th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message

> Mustangs come and go so the idea of rebuilding one is never off the table.
> By the time you two would be finished with the car it would be just about
> as endeared to you as the one you have in the garage, IMO.

I spent 11 years with a 1978 Mustang II hatchback, six cylinder automatic.
At the recent local Mustang show, there were all of TWO Mustang IIs on
display, one a red hatchback with an interior that must have been very close
to my own. I looked at it, and it seemed completely foreign to me. I
couldn't remember sitting in that driver's seat, looking at all of that
brushed aluminum on the dash.

In sum, I've had four Mustangs come and go. I'm still on numbers 4 and 6 at
the moment. I've never been attracted to anything out of Asia, and very few
cars out of the U.S. I guess I'm just stuck on Mustangs.

On the flip side, my wife (Ms. Ford Escape) stunned me the other day, when
she said that she'd really like to have a BMW convertible... Now THAT would
be a major shift in automotive preference.

dwight

Old May 30th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

dwight wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> Mustangs come and go so the idea of rebuilding one is never off the table.
>> By the time you two would be finished with the car it would be just about
>> as endeared to you as the one you have in the garage, IMO.

> I spent 11 years with a 1978 Mustang II hatchback, six cylinder automatic.
> At the recent local Mustang show, there were all of TWO Mustang IIs on
> display, one a red hatchback with an interior that must have been very close
> to my own. I looked at it, and it seemed completely foreign to me. I
> couldn't remember sitting in that driver's seat, looking at all of that
> brushed aluminum on the dash.

Mine has been sitting in the garage for so long it feels foreign to me too.

> In sum, I've had four Mustangs come and go. I'm still on numbers 4 and 6 at
> the moment. I've never been attracted to anything out of Asia, and very few
> cars out of the U.S. I guess I'm just stuck on Mustangs.
>
> On the flip side, my wife (Ms. Ford Escape) stunned me the other day, when
> she said that she'd really like to have a BMW convertible... Now THAT would
> be a major shift in automotive preference.

Nothing really excites me either. I do like the idea of a hard top
convertible. Those cars appear to offer the best of both worlds.

Old May 31st 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Deputy Dog

"dwight" > wrote in message
news
> "Joe" > wrote in message
> > 1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
> > 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
> > Auburn, cc plates, etc.

> I guess I kinda understand, but I don't know why you want to sell of such

> low-mileage example. Don't you want to at least drive it first?
>
> I just got nailed in TFrog for my first speeding ticket in almost 20

years.
> My spidey sense never went off, and I drove right into a police kill zone.
> Cop said I was doing 76, but I know that wasn't right. I was going much
> faster.
>
> He wrote me up for doing 60 in a 55 zone, no points. It may have been that
> it was my own borough police working that highway and they took it easy on
> me for being a local, or it may have been my very clean record. Or it may
> have been the fact that I flashed him my tits. Whatever, I got off easy.
>
> But as he was squatting down outside my passenger door explaining the

ticket
> to me, he looked around at TFrog and said, "Nice car. It's in great

shape."

> I won't fight him on that point, either.
>
> dwight
> The Vanishing Foxes - photos from the Valley Forge Mustang Club show:
> http://www.tfrog.com/events/vfmc/052508/carshow.htm

Where did ya get nabbed? On 202 ? They sit in the construction site
medians waiting for me................... right between 29 and the rt 30
turn off.

Dave

Old May 31st 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

"Deputy Dog" > wrote in message
newsu20k.39$Yx.15@trndny08...

> "dwight" > wrote in message
> news
>> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> > 1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
>> > 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
>> > Auburn, cc plates, etc.

>> I guess I kinda understand, but I don't know why you want to sell of such

>> low-mileage example. Don't you want to at least drive it first?
>>
>> I just got nailed in TFrog for my first speeding ticket in almost 20

> years.
>> My spidey sense never went off, and I drove right into a police kill
>> zone.
>> Cop said I was doing 76, but I know that wasn't right. I was going much
>> faster.
>>
>> He wrote me up for doing 60 in a 55 zone, no points. It may have been
>> that
>> it was my own borough police working that highway and they took it easy
>> on
>> me for being a local, or it may have been my very clean record. Or it may
>> have been the fact that I flashed him my tits. Whatever, I got off easy.
>>
>> But as he was squatting down outside my passenger door explaining the

> ticket
>> to me, he looked around at TFrog and said, "Nice car. It's in great

> shape."
>>
>> I won't fight him on that point, either.
>>
>> dwight
>> The Vanishing Foxes - photos from the Valley Forge Mustang Club show:
>> http://www.tfrog.com/events/vfmc/052508/carshow.htm
>>

> Where did ya get nabbed? On 202 ? They sit in the construction site
> medians waiting for me................... right between 29 and the rt 30
> turn off.
>
> Dave

Southbound where 100 comes in on 202, it's a kill zone. But there's been
increased activity all along 202. Watch it.

dwight