FS: '93 LX 5.0

Old May 28th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_75_]

Default FS: '93 LX 5.0

1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
Auburn, cc plates, etc.
Old May 28th 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> 1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
> 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
> Auburn, cc plates, etc.

Sounds like you are going through the same thing I went through a couple
of months ago. Have you settled on a price yet?
Old May 28th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_95_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> 1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
>> 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
>> Auburn, cc plates, etc.

> Sounds like you are going through the same thing I went through a couple
> of months ago. Have you settled on a price yet?

Not really, but I'm starting at around $5k. It still runs great as is,
and it'll also make a great project car.

So what happened with your LX - do you still have it?
Old May 28th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> 1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
>>> 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
>>> Auburn, cc plates, etc.

>> Sounds like you are going through the same thing I went through a couple
>> of months ago. Have you settled on a price yet?

> Not really, but I'm starting at around $5k. It still runs great as is,
> and it'll also make a great project car.
>
> So what happened with your LX - do you still have it?

It is still sitting in the garage. I figure it needs to be road ready
to get the most money out of it. Who knows, maybe once it is running I
won't want to get rid of it. It will be the test drive that sells it.

Your price is a good for the car but then I don't know how much gas
prices are effecting car sales nowadays. I thought your son was taking
it over.
Old May 28th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_75_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

>>> Sounds like you are going through the same thing I went through a
>>> couple of months ago. Have you settled on a price yet?

>> Not really, but I'm starting at around $5k. It still runs great as
>> is, and it'll also make a great project car.
>>
>> So what happened with your LX - do you still have it?

> It is still sitting in the garage. I figure it needs to be road ready
> to get the most money out of it. Who knows, maybe once it is running
> I won't want to get rid of it. It will be the test drive that sells
> it.
>
> Your price is a good for the car but then I don't know how much gas
> prices are effecting car sales nowadays. I thought your son was
> taking it over.

With almost 160k miles, I wouldn't feel comfortable with him having it
at school.

Long story short, we bought him an '03 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD Sport
Wagon with only 37k on the clock (no, it's not an STi). Intercooled,
turbocharged boxer 4-banger (horizontally opposed pistons, like Porsche
and Corvair) that redlines at 7k. 227hp/217tq, AWD, a 5-speed, and 16"
directionals all around. Weighs a tad over 3,000lb. Awesome doesn't
even come close to describing it. Ultra-cool machine.

Here's what it looks like, only his is dark blue to the point where it
looks black:
http://www.farmertan.com/daily/111702/photo.html
http://www.ekrosen.com/wrx.html
Old May 28th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

>>> Not really, but I'm starting at around $5k. It still runs great as
>>> is, and it'll also make a great project car.
>>>
>>> So what happened with your LX - do you still have it?

>> It is still sitting in the garage. I figure it needs to be road ready
>> to get the most money out of it. Who knows, maybe once it is running
>> I won't want to get rid of it. It will be the test drive that sells
>> it.
>>
>> Your price is a good for the car but then I don't know how much gas
>> prices are effecting car sales nowadays. I thought your son was
>> taking it over.

> With almost 160k miles, I wouldn't feel comfortable with him having it
> at school.
>
> Long story short, we bought him an '03 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD Sport
> Wagon with only 37k on the clock (no, it's not an STi). Intercooled,
> turbocharged boxer 4-banger (horizontally opposed pistons, like Porsche
> and Corvair) that redlines at 7k. 227hp/217tq, AWD, a 5-speed, and 16"
> directionals all around. Weighs a tad over 3,000lb. Awesome doesn't
> even come close to describing it. Ultra-cool machine.
>
> Here's what it looks like, only his is dark blue to the point where it
> looks black:
> http://www.farmertan.com/daily/111702/photo.html
> http://www.ekrosen.com/wrx.html

The Subaru is a much more useful car than the LX and it probably
performs better in all respects too. Plus, it is the "in" car for his
age group. Will there be a replacement for the LX?
Old May 29th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

Default '93 LX 5.0

"Joe" > wrote in message
> 1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
> 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
> Auburn, cc plates, etc.

I guess I kinda understand, but I don't know why you want to sell of such a
low-mileage example. Don't you want to at least drive it first?

I just got nailed in TFrog for my first speeding ticket in almost 20 years.
My spidey sense never went off, and I drove right into a police kill zone.
Cop said I was doing 76, but I know that wasn't right. I was going much
faster.

He wrote me up for doing 60 in a 55 zone, no points. It may have been that
it was my own borough police working that highway and they took it easy on
me for being a local, or it may have been my very clean record. Or it may
have been the fact that I flashed him my tits. Whatever, I got off easy.

But as he was squatting down outside my passenger door explaining the ticket
to me, he looked around at TFrog and said, "Nice car. It's in great shape."

I won't fight him on that point, either.

dwight
The Vanishing Foxes - photos from the Valley Forge Mustang Club show:
http://www.tfrog.com/events/vfmc/052508/carshow.htm

Old May 29th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
gernic[_2_]

"dwight" > wrote in message
news
> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> 1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
>> 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
>> Auburn, cc plates, etc.

> I guess I kinda understand, but I don't know why you want to sell of such
> a low-mileage example. Don't you want to at least drive it first?
>
> I just got nailed in TFrog for my first speeding ticket in almost 20
> years. My spidey sense never went off, and I drove right into a police
> kill zone. Cop said I was doing 76, but I know that wasn't right. I was
> going much faster.
>
> He wrote me up for doing 60 in a 55 zone, no points. It may have been that
> it was my own borough police working that highway and they took it easy on
> me for being a local, or it may have been my very clean record. Or it may
> have been the fact that I flashed him my tits. Whatever, I got off easy.
>
> But as he was squatting down outside my passenger door explaining the
> ticket to me, he looked around at TFrog and said, "Nice car. It's in great
> shape."
>
> I won't fight him on that point, either.
>
> dwight
> The Vanishing Foxes - photos from the Valley Forge Mustang Club show:
> http://www.tfrog.com/events/vfmc/052508/carshow.htm

I got out of a ticket by saying it was an old cop car with a supercharger,
and asked if they wanted to see it, then opened the hood up and showed it to
them, they thought it was cool, and let me go with a warning, was about 50+
in a 35.
Tried that on another cop, no workie, he was part of a team ketching
speeders,
it isn't me, the car accelerates too fast.
93 5.0 LX KB 8#

Old May 29th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

gernic wrote:
> "dwight" > wrote in message
> news
>> "Joe" > wrote in message
>>> 1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale
>>> 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73
>>> Auburn, cc plates, etc.

>> I guess I kinda understand, but I don't know why you want to sell of such
>> a low-mileage example. Don't you want to at least drive it first?
>>
>> I just got nailed in TFrog for my first speeding ticket in almost 20
>> years. My spidey sense never went off, and I drove right into a police
>> kill zone. Cop said I was doing 76, but I know that wasn't right. I was
>> going much faster.
>>
>> He wrote me up for doing 60 in a 55 zone, no points. It may have been that
>> it was my own borough police working that highway and they took it easy on
>> me for being a local, or it may have been my very clean record. Or it may
>> have been the fact that I flashed him my tits. Whatever, I got off easy.
>>
>> But as he was squatting down outside my passenger door explaining the
>> ticket to me, he looked around at TFrog and said, "Nice car. It's in great
>> shape."
>>
>> I won't fight him on that point, either.
>>
>> dwight
>> The Vanishing Foxes - photos from the Valley Forge Mustang Club show:
>> http://www.tfrog.com/events/vfmc/052508/carshow.htm
>>

> I got out of a ticket by saying it was an old cop car with a supercharger,
> and asked if they wanted to see it, then opened the hood up and showed it to
> them, they thought it was cool, and let me go with a warning, was about 50+
> in a 35.
> Tried that on another cop, no workie, he was part of a team ketching
> speeders,
> it isn't me, the car accelerates too fast.

I have a boost pressure gauge mounted on the A-pillar. A cop stopped me
one morning going into work and asked me if the boost gauge worked. I
told him it did and he said "Cool" and wrote up the ticket anyway. He
was driving an unmarked Camaro SS so I figured it was personal between us.
Old May 29th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_106_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

3.73

>>> It is still sitting in the garage. I figure it needs to be road

ready
>>> to get the most money out of it. Who knows, maybe once it is

running
>>> I won't want to get rid of it. It will be the test drive that sells
>>> it.
>>>
>>> Your price is a good for the car but then I don't know how much gas
>>> prices are effecting car sales nowadays. I thought your son was
>>> taking it over.

>> With almost 160k miles, I wouldn't feel comfortable with him having

it
>> at school.
>>
>> Long story short, we bought him an '03 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD Sport
>> Wagon with only 37k on the clock (no, it's not an STi). Intercooled,
>> turbocharged boxer 4-banger (horizontally opposed pistons, like

Porsche
>> and Corvair) that redlines at 7k. 227hp/217tq, AWD, a 5-speed, and

16"
>> directionals all around. Weighs a tad over 3,000lb. Awesome doesn't
>> even come close to describing it. Ultra-cool machine.
>>
>> Here's what it looks like, only his is dark blue to the point where

it
>> looks black:
>> http://www.farmertan.com/daily/111702/photo.html
>> http://www.ekrosen.com/wrx.html

> The Subaru is a much more useful car than the LX and it probably
> performs better in all respects too. Plus, it is the "in" car for his
> age group. Will there be a replacement for the LX?

Nope - I need the money to help with the purchase of the WRX.