Wireless Telephone Laws

Old May 25th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_4_]

Default Wireless Telephone Laws

WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
> Gill wrote:
>
>> If a phone switches from cell a to cell b in less than, say a few
>> minutes, then it must be mobile so the carrier should turn the phone off.
>> Just an idea.
>>

> And as a passenger in/on some vehicle you're going to get a nasty
> phone call....

Yeah, something about my rights to use my phone, damn, I'd like to have
all cells in my car disabled. Yak yak yak
Oh well
Old May 26th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich[_3_]

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in news:g1cn8r$3om$1
@posting2.glorb.com:

> That is why you are supposed to trim the excess.

And just as it was clueless Outhouse Express users who mainly top post, it
is more clueless Outhouse Express users who hit "reply" and post their one
liner at the bottom without taking the time to trim properly.
Old May 26th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

elaich wrote:
> "WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in news:g1cn8r$3om$1
> @posting2.glorb.com:
>
>> That is why you are supposed to trim the excess.

> And just as it was clueless Outhouse Express users who mainly top post, it
> is more clueless Outhouse Express users who hit "reply" and post their one
> liner at the bottom without taking the time to trim properly.

In reference to whom? If you mean Gill, tecnically it was more than
one line and he doesn't use OE....

--

I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an
ugly direction

I've been to a lot of states and have two left. I've been to 57 so far?
Barack Obama

I cannot swallow whole the view of Lincoln as the Great Emancipator.
Barack Obama
Old May 26th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Sun, 25 May 2008 16:47:28 -0500, "WindsorFox<SS>"
> wrote:

>Gill wrote:
>
>> If a phone switches from cell a to cell b in less than, say a few
>> minutes, then it must be mobile so the carrier should turn the phone off.
>> Just an idea.
>>

> And as a passenger in/on some vehicle you're going to get a nasty
>phone call....

Like some CEO riding in a limo who was just on the verge of making the
deal of the century (like raising the price at the pumps).
Old May 26th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Sun, 25 May 2008 15:50:07 -0700, GILL >
wrote:

>WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
>> Gill wrote:
>>
>>> If a phone switches from cell a to cell b in less than, say a few
>>> minutes, then it must be mobile so the carrier should turn the phone off.
>>> Just an idea.
>>>

>> And as a passenger in/on some vehicle you're going to get a nasty
>> phone call....
>>

>Yeah, something about my rights to use my phone, damn, I'd like to have
>all cells in my car disabled. Yak yak yak
>Oh well

There, in the middle of the night on a cross country run, half asleep
at the wheel, came a voice from nowhere, "HEY! WAKE UP!" When the
driver came to, 50 yards off the freeway, he could still hear the
voice saying, "This is ONSTAR. We see you may have had an accident. Do
you need help? STOP! Don't touch that cell phone! You may still be
driving!"
Old May 26th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Sat, 24 May 2008 17:18:04 -0700, Spike >
wrote:

>For the benefit of those who plan to visit our fair state come 1 July
>2008....... Please pay heed toa couple of new laws.......
>
>Wireless Telephone Laws FAQs
>
>Two new laws dealing with the use of wireless telephones while driving
>go into effect July 1, 2008. Below is a list of Frequently Asked
>Questions concerning these new laws.

<SNIP>
>SECONDARY violation meaning that a law enforcement officer may cite
>you for using a hands-free wireless phone if you were pulled over for
>another violation. However, the prohibition against using a handheld
>wireless telephone while driving is a PRIMARY violation for which a
>law enforcement officer can pull you over.
>
>CONTACT: Fran Clader Media Relations Office
>(916) 657-7202 2555 First Avenue
> Sacramento, CA 95818

Sorry. I was just trying to let people know about the law change so
they would not get a ticket and a fine. But.... make a civil
statement; start a civil war. :0)

Seriously, since it is admitted that using a cell phone is distracting
(I don't know about the three drinks) and considering the numbers of
people I see using the phone while they drive, it's enough to make me
want to stay off the road.

While many may not agree with me, I particularly like the portion
about young drivers. When my son started driving, he needed to
concentrate on defensive driving until his experience level had been
advanced. Stereos, friends, cell phones, etc, are all things he wasn't
ready to deal with while learning to drive. I am very thankful for
some rules which led to his arriving home safely. Today, he continues
to get safe driving awards from his employer.

At least for the young drivers, I hope this will lower the death rates
even further than the previous changes to licencing in California have
done.
Old May 26th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gill

Spike wrote:
> On Sun, 25 May 2008 15:50:07 -0700, GILL >
> wrote:
>
>> WindsorFox<SS> wrote:

>>> And as a passenger in/on some vehicle you're going to get a nasty
>>> phone call....
>>>

>> Yeah, something about my rights to use my phone, damn, I'd like to have
>> all cells in my car disabled. Yak yak yak
>> Oh well

> There, in the middle of the night on a cross country run, half asleep
> at the wheel, came a voice from nowhere, "HEY! WAKE UP!" When the
> driver came to, 50 yards off the freeway, he could still hear the
> voice saying, "This is ONSTAR. We see you may have had an accident. Do
> you need help? STOP! Don't touch that cell phone! You may still be
> driving!"

Driver says "That sure looks like the bottom of the Grand Canyon coming up"

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old June 3rd 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

Because, young sir... it is up to us aged types to try and beat some ****ing
common sense into younger, "I already know everything" minds.

I am constantly amazed and amused by younger types that assume they are wise
and elders aren't... One day, you will have enough experience to see that
this is, indeed, so... In the store where I earn my daily bread, the
youngsters have little idea of what the nether regions on an automobile look
like - yet they refuse to use a trouble light (FWIW, this is a global
thing - not just my store). The more experience the tech gains, the more
likely it is to see him using a trouble light... So WTF does this have to do
with anything, right? One day, you will see...

Your idea about cell phones not working in a moving vehicle bears merit..
but is poorly thought out. Our area has many roads where it just isn't safe
to pull over.. yet there may come a time where it might be necessary to make
an emergency call from a moving vehicle... The inability to complete the
call can take a distraught driver and add and push him or her over some
edge...

The cell phone has become such a neccessity of life for many (if not most
from what I see in my daily travels) that cutting them off cold turkey could
create a whole 'nother set of problems...

Yussuf Islam (Cat Stevens) rolled it up nicely... "you're still young,
that's your fault..".

. ..

Old June 3rd 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gill

Jim Warman wrote:
> Because, young sir... it is up to us aged types to try and beat some ****ing
> common sense into younger, "I already know everything" minds.
>
> I am constantly amazed and amused by younger types that assume they are wise
> and elders aren't... One day, you will have enough experience to see that
> this is, indeed, so... In the store where I earn my daily bread, the
> youngsters have little idea of what the nether regions on an automobile look
> like - yet they refuse to use a trouble light (FWIW, this is a global
> thing - not just my store). The more experience the tech gains, the more
> likely it is to see him using a trouble light... So WTF does this have to do
> with anything, right? One day, you will see...
>
> Your idea about cell phones not working in a moving vehicle bears merit..
> but is poorly thought out. Our area has many roads where it just isn't safe
> to pull over.. yet there may come a time where it might be necessary to make
> an emergency call from a moving vehicle... The inability to complete the
> call can take a distraught driver and add and push him or her over some
> edge...
>
> The cell phone has become such a neccessity of life for many (if not most
> from what I see in my daily travels) that cutting them off cold turkey could
> create a whole 'nother set of problems...
>
> Yussuf Islam (Cat Stevens) rolled it up nicely... "you're still young,
> that's your fault..".
>

> "GILL" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Jim Warman wrote:
>>> Regarding bottom posting... do you mean to tell me that it is acceptable
>>> to scroll down through umpteen dozen lines of **** you should have
>>> already read to get <If a phone switches from cell a to cell b in less
>>> than, say a few
>>> minutes, then it must be mobile so the carrier should turn the phone off.
>>> Just an idea.> . WTF is that?
>>>
>>> AYUP... it seems quite sensible to this old fogey to scroll theough
>>> gigabytes of useless crap to finally arrive at our destination... only to
>>> find our destination is shall we say "feeble".
>>>
>>> Proudly top posted....
>>>

>> Your such an old fogey, why don't you retire?

From my little raillery remark you came out with all that?
Come on JIM, take a pill.
You don't even know me and I'm closer to YOUR age than you might think.
(I just wont give in to nature so easily)

I had a cell for a short time but I don't NEED it. I find them to be an
annoyance at work, in a private or casual get togethers, in public
places (hey yacker, your private call is invading my public space) and
on the highway.
So disable them at speed, I don't care, but it won't happen. Bleeding
hearts NEED them.

Bottom posted, because well, that's how I read. Hope you didn't hurt
your scroll finger

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old June 3rd 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 11:35:50 -0400, Zombywoof >
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 06:25:18 -0700, Gill
> wrote:
>

><snip>
>> From my little raillery remark you came out with all that?
>>Come on JIM, take a pill.
>>You don't even know me and I'm closer to YOUR age than you might think.
>>(I just wont give in to nature so easily)
>>
>>I had a cell for a short time but I don't NEED it. I find them to be an
>>annoyance at work, in a private or casual get togethers, in public
>>places (hey yacker, your private call is invading my public space) and
>>on the highway.
>>

>People who claim they "need" a cell phone crack my ass up. What did
>they do before they were invented & prior to them becoming cost
>effective to own, which has been less then a decade.
>>
>>So disable them at speed, I don't care, but it won't happen. Bleeding
>>hearts NEED them.
>>

>Well mine is built into my Stereo and is completely hands free & voice
>activated (OnStar) can I keep it?
>>
>>Bottom posted, because well, that's how I read. Hope you didn't hurt
>>your scroll finger

I get ya on all but that quote at the end. I sure hope that it is
healthy food the BIG bites are taken from... 'cause otherwise you are
apt to have majore problems at age.... Never thought it would happen
to me but all that glop in my arteries led to a 4 way bypass operation
at age 50. I'm feeling MUCH better now. :0)