PICS: Uh Oh Indiana Speeders BEWARE new UNMARKED Mustang GTs

Old May 22nd 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JLA

Default PICS: Uh Oh Indiana Speeders BEWARE new UNMARKED Mustang GTs

Ok, now they are not playing fair, Indiana State Police recently
purchased 18 2008 Mustang GT’s to be used as unmarked police vehicles
for traffic enforcement throughout the States districts. The unmarked
Mustangs will definately blend in well as they are popular cars,
unfortunately the only revealing equipment on the Mustangs are the
red and blue flashing lights which are hidden inside the cabin. Even
though the Mustangs are meant for speed they will rarely be used on
interstates as ISP plans to focus on two-lane highways and other
roads where fatalities seem to be more common. Check out the rest of
the article after the jump…

Indiana State Police officials recently purchased 18 2008 Ford
Mustangs, and what better way to break them in than by hitting the
road course at O’Reilly Raceway Park?

ISP Sgt. Rich Myers said the department used Ford Mustangs in the
1980s for traffic patrol, but then switched to Chevrolet Camaros.
When Chevrolet stopped making Camaros, he said the ISP began using
their Crown Victoria patrol cars for enforcement details before
deciding to switch back to Mustangs.

Myers said there will one Mustang in each ISP district.

“They will be a traffic enforcement tool, just like the motorcycles,”
he said.

Several troopers gathered at O’Reilly Raceway Park earlier this week
to test their driving skills and get a feel for the new Mustangs.

ISP Sgt. Shannon Kennedy said the troopers were first introduced to
the cars during a one and a half day training session at the Indiana
Law Enforcement Academy. There, she said, they practiced basic skills
on both inside and outside tracks. She said they decided to go to ORP
to get practice taking curves.

“(The Mustangs) handle differently than the Crown Vics,” she added.

Kennedy said ORP’s road course simulates the road conditions the
troopers will be facing on a regular basis.

She said the Mustangs will rarely be used on interstates as they plan
to focus on two-lane highways and other roads where fatalities seem
to be more common.

Kennedy also said motorists will likely not notice the troopers since
Mustangs are a popular car and these models are not marked.

“They don’t even have the antennas,” she added.

View the attachments for this post at: http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...35202#13935202

Old May 23rd 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

"JLA" > wrote in message

Aren't you the guy who mirrors this newsgroup on your site, pretending that
it's your content? (And I appreciate having to have a username and password
to read what I wrote publicly here in usenet. Nice touch.)

Now you're posting an article without any attribution at all.

Dude, you've got no honor.

dwight

Old May 23rd 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Repairman[_2_]

Newsflash, there is no honor among liars and thieves. That's a rule of life
from the beginning.

. ..

Old May 23rd 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John B.

"JLA" > wrote in message
> Ok, now they are not playing fair, Indiana State Police recently
> purchased 18 2008 Mustang GT’s to be used as unmarked police vehicles
> for traffic enforcement throughout the States districts. The unmarked
> Mustangs will definately blend in well as they are popular cars,
> unfortunately the only revealing equipment on the Mustangs are the
> red and blue flashing lights which are hidden inside the cabin. Even
> though the Mustangs are meant for speed they will rarely be used on
> interstates as ISP plans to focus on two-lane highways and other
> roads where fatalities seem to be more common. Check out the rest of
> the article after the jump…
>
> Indiana State Police officials recently purchased 18 2008 Ford
> Mustangs, and what better way to break them in than by hitting the
> road course at O’Reilly Raceway Park?
>
> ISP Sgt. Rich Myers said the department used Ford Mustangs in the
> 1980s for traffic patrol, but then switched to Chevrolet Camaros.
> When Chevrolet stopped making Camaros, he said the ISP began using
> their Crown Victoria patrol cars for enforcement details before
> deciding to switch back to Mustangs.
>
> Myers said there will one Mustang in each ISP district.
>
> “They will be a traffic enforcement tool, just like the motorcycles,”
> he said.
>
> Several troopers gathered at O’Reilly Raceway Park earlier this week
> to test their driving skills and get a feel for the new Mustangs.
>
> ISP Sgt. Shannon Kennedy said the troopers were first introduced to
> the cars during a one and a half day training session at the Indiana
> Law Enforcement Academy. There, she said, they practiced basic skills
> on both inside and outside tracks. She said they decided to go to ORP
> to get practice taking curves.
>
> “(The Mustangs) handle differently than the Crown Vics,” she added.
>
> Kennedy said ORP’s road course simulates the road conditions the
> troopers will be facing on a regular basis.
>
> She said the Mustangs will rarely be used on interstates as they plan
> to focus on two-lane highways and other roads where fatalities seem
> to be more common.
>
> Kennedy also said motorists will likely not notice the troopers since
> Mustangs are a popular car and these models are not marked.
>
> “They don’t even have the antennas,” she added.
>
> View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...35202#13935202

Frickin' typical. The cops do a few laps on that road course and they're
automatically "trained professionals" to drive those cars. I have an '05 GT
and nothing beats REAL ROAD experience. Especially on some of the windy and
hilly back roads in northern New England here - heheheh...

John B.

Old May 23rd 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

Repairman wrote:
> Newsflash, there is no honor among liars and thieves. That's a rule of life
> from the beginning.
>

> "dwight" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> "JLA" > wrote in message
>>
>> Aren't you the guy who mirrors this newsgroup on your site, pretending
>> that it's your content? (And I appreciate having to have a username and
>> password to read what I wrote publicly here in usenet. Nice touch.)
>>
>> Now you're posting an article without any attribution at all.
>>
>> Dude, you've got no honor.
>>
>> dwight

Liars, thieves and top posters....

--

I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an
ugly direction

I've been to a lot of states and have two left. I've been to 57 so far?
Barack Obama

I cannot swallow whole the view of Lincoln as the Great Emancipator.
Barack Obama
Old May 23rd 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

dwight wrote:
> "JLA" > wrote in message
>
> Aren't you the guy who mirrors this newsgroup on your site, pretending that
> it's your content? (And I appreciate having to have a username and password
> to read what I wrote publicly here in usenet. Nice touch.)
>
> Now you're posting an article without any attribution at all.
>
> Dude, you've got no honor.
>
> dwight

Which means while the group is light we need to start more threads
about photography and guns.

Old May 23rd 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> dwight wrote:
>> "JLA" > wrote in message
>>
>> Aren't you the guy who mirrors this newsgroup on your site, pretending
>> that it's your content? (And I appreciate having to have a username and
>> password to read what I wrote publicly here in usenet. Nice touch.)
>>
>> Now you're posting an article without any attribution at all.
>>
>> Dude, you've got no honor.
>>
>> dwight
>>

> Which means while the group is light we need to start more threads
> about photography and guns.

Well, I've got a 100mm macro lens for the smaller handguns, and a wide angle
17-40mm for your various rifles and shotguns. I'll take all the photos you
want.

The only "gun" I ever actually shot was my older brother's ROTC recoilless
..22 rifle. Eh.

No, wait... I did try skeet shooting with a 12 gauge. Does that count?

dwight

Old May 24th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

A top poster???? Where???? WHERE???? Kill the scurvy *******....

I think it is ever so much fun to scroll through lines and lines and LINES
of regurgitated, unexpurgated drivel only to find that some dork has added
his "Me too" or some cryptic remark about the imagined "sins" of top
posting.

FWIW, if one is to expound upon one or two points brought up in a previous
post, it may be advantageous to quote those points rather than simply add
the entire post ABOVE the reply.

If you have been following the thread, you wont need all the drivel... if
you haven't, get off your lazy ass and do your own ****ing homework.

Bottom posting is for those with nothing better to do... "Ayup... I are
gonna read **** I read a dozen times just so's I can get to the part that I
hasn't seen yet...".

With all of the **** that is going on around us, I find it refreshing that
we can zone in on important things in life... like top posting....

****in' wiener...

Old May 24th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich[_3_]

"Jim Warman" > wrote in
newsFKZj.4595$KB3.658@edtnps91:

> FWIW, if one is to expound upon one or two points brought up in a
> than simply add the entire post ABOVE the reply.

That's exactly the way it is supposed to be done. Outlook Express users are
primarily responsible for both behaviors. The original versions of it
encouraged top posting, as that is the Microsoft way. Later versions make
it super easy just to add the response at the bottom. Both ways are wrong,
and both are highly annoying.
Old May 24th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich[_3_]

"John B." > wrote in news:1211546164.127323
@web1.segnet.com:

> John B.

Do you still own that sloop? LOL.