Trailer Extension Mirrors

Old February 12th 05, 04:18 AM
Mark M

Default Trailer Extension Mirrors

I am looking for a set of mirror extensions for my '99 Explorer XLT. I
recently purchased a pop-up camper, but can not see around it with my
side mirrors. I have seen some websites offering slip-on mirror
extensions and I will most likely order a set similar to those I've
seen.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a make/model of mirror extensions?
I would appreciate any feedback before I order a set.

Thanks in advance.

Old February 12th 05, 04:48 AM
Jim Warman

No recommendations... I've hated every last one that I've tried. Still,
seeing something is much better than seeing nothing.

oups.com...

Old February 12th 05, 05:53 PM
Bill Jeffrey

The slip-on / clip-on mirrors are not worth the money. Either they
don't give a wide enough field of view (ie, they don't stick out far
enough), or they vibrate in the wind so much that you can't see anything
- or usually, both.

I am very active on the forum for TrailManor trailers, and we have had
long discussions on this topic. The only successful mirrors that anyone
has ever found are from McKesh. Virtually all of our members use them,
most of us after having tried something else. They are easily
removable, go on the car in about 15 seconds each and come off in about
5 seconds each, are rock-steady, and don't damage the paint. Available
from many sources, both online and at retail at RV stores.

Check the article at http://www.rvsafety.com/mirrors.htm

They can be a little pricey, and the prices vary a lot, so be sure to
look around on the web before you write the check at an RV store.

Bill