2005 V6 Cold air intake

Old June 5th 08, 09:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
davea

Default 2005 V6 Cold air intake

On 5 Jun, 09:27, davea > wrote:
> I thought the GT mufflers only came in pairs. Thats good, I'll
> probably go for the single one now.

Should have mentioned, I'm in the UK and what I meant was all the GT
takeoff exhausts I've seen which I can get shipped to the UK came in
pairs so I thought I'd be wasting a lot of cash. I'll have a look for
a single one.
Old June 5th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB[_2_]

--
They usually do come in pairs. People take them
both off to switch to some aftermarket parts.

Since you live in the UK, shipping might kill the
deal. Check with a local muffler shop or Ford
dealer and see what a new one costs.

--------
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod
2008 Mustang Coupe
2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

Old June 5th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

..boB wrote:
> davea wrote:
>> I had thought
>> about the GT take off exhausts as well but I
>> would have to get a new
>> rear bumper with two cut outs for the exhaust
>> pipes. Need to save some
>> $ for that!

> I only replaced the V6 muffler with the single GT
> muffler. Now I have two mufflers in my basement
> that I'll probably just throw in the trash.
> Anything more than that requires more money and
> more effort. And it won't provide any more
> performance.

I have the two GT mufflers and the V6 one, out in the shed. I'm
actually thinking of trying the GT mufflers in place of the GTAs,
which, in case I didn't mention it, seemed a little raspy to me,
midrange. Otherwise, I like the sound; an earlier drone problem seems
to have been resolved by realigning the pipes.

For your reference, here are some youTube URLs with:

Single GT takeoff, four WOT road runs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NxfEFETgvIA

Same, on the JBA Racing dyno
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-AazkGcJ43s

On those, I had been told what I had was a GTA muffler; nope, plain
ol' GT.

After the Friday night drags, the trip home, Part One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY9uRaR1JlE

Part Two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XhoYT0JVTg FRPP

These are all from a digital camera in movie mode, mounted on the rear
of the trunk lid, close to the bumper. Not really the best quality
sound (mono only) or video, but not that bad on a system with pretty
good sound reproduction capabilities. The built-in compression in the
camera's sound recording system really shows up when the exhaust
doesn't make it center stage: wind and road noise come on strong at
cruise volumes.

--
Frank ess

Cold-air intake MOPower Dodge 0 April 7th 07 04:29 AM
Cold Air intake No Name BMW 2 March 29th 07 12:01 AM
cold air intake jeff wagen Mazda 3 November 1st 06 12:22 PM
cold air intake [email protected] Honda 0 January 9th 05 07:23 AM