2001 A4 Fueling problems

Old February 13th 06, 02:38 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 2001 A4 Fueling problems

Hi Everyone,

New here... I did a search before asking but didn't find any results.

I'm having a problem refueling my newly purchased 2001 A4. The hold
open latch on the pump doesn't work at all, it continues to shut off.
If I try pumping manually I have to go at a snail's pace to get the
tank to fill without shutting off the pump. I've only successfully
filled my tank once so far and even then I don't think it got totally
filled and it took me nearly 15 minutes to do that! It's COLD here and
I hate the thought of taking that much time each time I need to fill
up.

I've tried different stations (as someone suggested to me) and nothing
seems to help. Any idea what's wrong?

Old February 13th 06, 04:49 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Hi Info,
It sounds like the fuel tank vent is clogged. I believe that the tank vents
through a charcoal canister to minimize emissions, although you'd have to
verify this with some of the A4 folks.....
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

oups.com...

Old February 14th 06, 03:17 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Thanks folks. I finally found some info on the problem and will do
some testing around the charcoal canister. Hopefully that's all it is
because the other option is not a pretty one that involves replacing
the gas tank. The dealer is not an option as I bought it used with no
warranty (at least not a warranty that covers this kind of problem).

Old February 14th 06, 09:39 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Hi!

I also had that problem with a 2003 A4.
I found out that if I didn't put the nozzle all the way in so the angle
became more horizontal the latch would hold.

There was certainly a technique that I had to learn but when that was found
I never experienced the problem again.

Good luck!

oups.com...