GTR2

Old October 11th 05, 04:24 AM
Chad Rogers

Laughable, rFactor isn't in the same ballpark. Do a little research around
and see what the "proper simmers" are running leagues with.

Old October 11th 05, 04:27 AM
Chad Rogers

I sure didn't get taken for a ride by Simbin, I played GTR for 6 straight
months, I barely played rFactor for 6 days before it became boring. I have
great hope for modders, but what does that have to do with how good rFactor
is right now.
As for your proper simmer comments they are laughable, have a look around
the net and see where most of the world top simmers are....GTR. Some are
still running 2003, and I will bet there will be plenty running GTL, a hell
of a lot more than will be running rFactor.

Chad

Old October 11th 05, 04:36 AM
Chad Rogers

"It just seems like a waste of money to me unless the cars in GTL hold a
VERY special place in your heart."

Is there any racing fan here that a car or two or three in GTL doesn't hold
a special place in their heart? I would guess no, not nearly as much fun as
a 4wd Houston or ....
I don't mean to bash rFactor, but the sims are not even comparable at this
point. Rfactor has 1/20th of the content. The Formula cars are a joke, the
cockpits in the sports cars look like the inside of my taurus. The only
real fun I had with it was in the trainers which I think are very well done.

Chad

Old October 11th 05, 05:39 AM
RodP

In article <434b19b6$0$13320$61c65585@un-2park-reader-
01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>,
Byron Forbes says...

> How would you feel if a mod for rFactor was released that had all of the
> GTL cars, many of the tracks and drove better than GTL after you forked out
> for GTL? Or any mod for that matter. Do you really believe GTL will be as
> good as rFactor in 6 months? Or even 2 months? I'd say GTL would be lucky to
> be as good as rFactor even now!

Wouldn't particularly bother me. I doubt there will be any mods that are
modelled to the detail that simbin have modelled GTL. As far as I know
there are none currently in the pipeline so forking out for GTL is a no
brainer for me.

Cheers,
Rod.
Old October 11th 05, 08:12 AM
Bruce

"Novelty value" for real-life and/or historical tracks???
"Soon disappears"???
Maybe for some, Byron (including yourself), but for many of us out here,
the "novelty value" sits with the fantasy circuits, not the genuine article.

For one who was first grabbed by F1 back in the early sixties, I have
far more affinity with a real circuit than I do a fictional item.
Same goes for cars.

Part of the historical simming experience is pretence and I would rather
be in Fantasyland when attempting to control a Lotus Elise around the
Nordschliefe than in a Zoomer Mk IV blasting down pit straight on the
Mozarella International Autodrome.

Bruce

Old October 11th 05, 08:15 AM
Steve Simpson

What good is all that if you can't actually race online? Isn't that the
point of all this - racing?

In my opinion, all of the people who only race offline AI aren't racers -
they're just role players or posers (or they don't have a decent net
connection!)

Racing GTR online is a painful experience - mainly because it's such a
good sim but the bugs rear their ugly heads just often enough to make you
want to throw your wheel & pedals across the room.

For us true road racers, there's currently only 2 options - GPL (outdated
physics) or rFactor.

For those who shun fantasy tracks, I can tell you that 20 minutes into an
online race, I really couldn't care less whether the track exists in real
life or not.
Old October 11th 05, 08:17 AM
Steve Simpson

> Part of the historical simming experience is pretence and I would rather
> be in Fantasyland when attempting to control a Lotus Elise around the
> Nordschliefe than in a Zoomer Mk IV blasting down pit straight on the
> Mozarella International Autodrome.

I only judge a car/track by the racing it produces
Old October 11th 05, 09:07 AM

Racing GTR online is a painful experience - mainly because it's such a
good sim but the bugs rear their ugly heads just often enough to make you
want to throw your wheel & pedals across the room.

For us true road racers, there's currently only 2 options - GPL (outdated
physics) or rFactor.

For those who shun fantasy tracks, I can tell you that 20 minutes into an
online race, I really couldn't care less whether the track exists in real
life or not.
<<

Thanks Steve.... I didn't have to do the typing
I agree with you, word for word, above!

Cheers
==--==

newsp.sygzrenq2umb9s@redmist...

Old October 11th 05, 09:26 AM
Chad Rogers

Steve,

I mostly agree, but have heard nothing but good things about GTL multi. I
think many here are overreacting about it's multi based on what was seen
with GTR. I expect it to be much better.

Old October 11th 05, 02:16 PM
Dave Henrie

Bruce > wrote in :

> Part of the historical simming experience is pretence and I would rather
> be in Fantasyland when attempting to control a Lotus Elise around the
> Nordschliefe than in a Zoomer Mk IV blasting down pit straight on the
> Mozarella International Autodrome.
>
> Bruce

But aren't you shortchanging the Pepporoni esses and the achovie dive?
dave henrie