Rattling Noise in '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old June 28th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Rattling Noise in '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hello,

When my Jeep (130,000 mi.) is in park, or moving very slowly, I
here a rattling/clicking sound. Any ideas as to what it may be?

Thanks in Advance!

Old June 29th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I would first look at the rad fan clutch. They can make a noise like
that when failing. If it is 'loose' when the engine is cold and off it
might be bad. If you heat up the engine fully and watch while someone
shuts off the engine, it is supposed to stop almost instantly. If it
keeps on spinning when hot, it is bad.

I would look at the heat shield on the Cat second. It can have one of
it's anchor feet break loose which rattles.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's