99 Monte Carlo Turn Signals/Hazards don't work

Old June 22nd 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 99 Monte Carlo Turn Signals/Hazards don't work

I have a 99 Monte Carlo and my Hazards don't work at all. And the only
way I can get my Turn Signals to work is if I hold them up or down
without actually clicking it over. My windshield wipers work fine,
brake lights work, headlights work. Just my turn signals and Hazard
Lights won't work. Any ideas as to what this is?

Old June 23rd 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

signal switch in the column.
ups.com...

Old June 23rd 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Shep wrote:
> signal switch in the column.
> "Monte" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >I have a 99 Monte Carlo and my Hazards don't work at all. And the only
> > way I can get my Turn Signals to work is if I hold them up or down
> > without actually clicking it over. My windshield wipers work fine,
> > brake lights work, headlights work. Just my turn signals and Hazard
> > Lights won't work. Any ideas as to what this is?

How much do those usually cost to replace?

Old June 26th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

I'm gonna have to replace the hazard light switch in a 2001/2... the
hazards and turn signals work intermittently, usually not at all. I've
found that the hazard switch is also the relay for the signals and they
turn signals can be coerced into working by wiggling the hazard button
while the signal is in the left or right position without actually
depressing it. I discovered this by turning on the hazards with
unnecessary force a few times and fiddling with the button in general.

Old June 29th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

check for blown fuses and a failed electronic flasher can

Old June 30th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Standard Motor Products and ACDelco make replacement turn signal /
hazard switches. The switch is $42 under Electrical-Switch Relay in
the www.RockAuto.com auto parts catalog. The switch is more expensive
if the car has cruise control. Here is a photo of the switch:
http://www.rockauto.com/ref/ACDelco/...tml?D6226A.jpg. Usually,
these switches are replaced by pulling the steering wheel and removing
the old switch.