Remote Start/immobilizer Problem

Old December 27th 05, 09:39 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Remote Start/immobilizer Problem

Hello All,
I have an audi A6 and after purchasing it about 2 years ago I had an
aftermarket remote starter (Viper 160 XV) and Immobilizer (Directed
556UW) installed. It worked great for the first year, then after the
summer was over the following year it just stopped working. I took it
back to the place that installed it and they replaced the Immobilizer,
it worked again for another year then after the following summer it
stopped working. I then took it to a new place who replaced the signal
wire that goes from the Immobilizer to the key socket. Again this
worked but only for about 2 months in the winter and then stopped. Now
I am very frustrated and dont know what is going on. I have taken a
look at it and it is a wiring nightmare, electrical tape all over the
place. Is there anything I should be looking for, maybe a wire hooked
up wrong that is damaging the immobilizer?

Thanks All
Aaron

Old December 31st 05, 05:06 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

I would go back to the original place and ask them to reset the key socket..
Audi is pretty sensitive car and key's lie-angle to the socket may cause the
issue.. seems like signal wire has been re adjusted many times but the issue
continues..

remember it's important to go to experienced installer..

Soo - 12/30/05 NY

ups.com...