Opinions on tires?

Old December 21st 05, 08:07 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Opinions on tires?

It's time for mew tires for my stock 2000 A6-2.7T.
Love the thing "Generally" speaking, have a few issues,
but thats another post. (new right side ball joins at 56k miles?
Hmmmm...)

Currently I have Goodyear Eagle RS-A in stock 16" size.
This tire is the quietest I've ever had. I love 'em for that.
Handling is "OK". They wear a bit faster than I would like.
I need an all round performance tire, but can't sacrifice too much
cush.

That being said, I do like to carve high speed turns as if GS skiing.
I realize the trade offs involved here.
Also, I live in So. California and don't see much (any) snow,
or have a long rainy season.

Current opinions ?

Thanks.
Rick

Old December 22nd 05, 02:15 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On 21 Dec 2005 11:07:37 -0800, "
> wrote:

>Current opinions ?

I drove the A6 2.7T in 2000 and thought it was "under tired", that is,
not enough tire for the car. I then drove the A6 4.2 and found it
handled better. It had 255-40-18 and the difference between the two
cars was because of the tires. I bought the 4.2 model because of
this.

If I was replacing tires on the 2.7t, I would go for a premium
performance tire. I have the same Dunlop 255-40-18 tires on my RS6
and they are superb.

Dave

Old December 23rd 05, 05:43 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

>From Goodyear's site a comparison chart.
http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyea...ea=Performance

My preferance is for Goodyear's Assurance ComforTred. You have to hang
jingle bells to hear them. These pups have an 80K warranty. Mounting
them was like getting a new car.
http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyea...area=Passenger

Old January 2nd 06, 09:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I do my tire research at www.tirerack.com

They will suggest tires for your year and model car and you can look at how
people have rated those tires for somthing like a dozen different
attirbutes, like wear, day handling, wet handling, noise, etc. You can
also see the best sellers in your chosen category.

oups.com...