SplitFire Spark Plugs

Old March 20th 18, 04:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default SplitFire Spark Plugs

On Monday, 24 October 1994 03:40:41 UTC+1, John Horner wrote:
> They are just standard Autolite spark plugs with a little nick in
> the end. Not worth using in 99% of cases.

hi, i had a Triumph Bonneville that was a bitch to start, it had a Lucas starter motor, just wouldn't go, swapped the champion ng 7s for split fires it started 1st time every time, i put them in my rover 25, got better performance and fuel economy, so you tell me if they're any good.....
Old March 20th 18, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

> wrote:
>On Monday, 24 October 1994 03:40:41 UTC+1, John Horner wrote:
>> They are just standard Autolite spark plugs with a little nick in=20
>> the end. Not worth using in 99% of cases.

>hi, i had a Triumph Bonneville that was a bitch to start, it had a Lucas st=
>arter motor, just wouldn't go, swapped the champion ng 7s for split fires i=
>t started 1st time every time, i put them in my rover 25, got better perfor=
>mance and fuel economy, so you tell me if they're any good.....

1. You're replying to a post that is 24 years old. It is old enough to vote.
That thread is long closed.

2. Maybe your Triumph is in that 1%.

3. Maybe you should consider installing a CDI module in the Triumph, it goes
a long way toward getting a cleaner and hotter spark and more reliable
running. Back in the seventies, the Mark IV modules were popular. If
you're finding it only starts reliably with some plugs, I would definitely
look into a CDI (after changing cables and coil of course).
--scott