INCOMING - Picked up some Speedline Magnesium Saleen rims for my 2000 Explorer Limited

Old July 29th 15, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Spanks

Default INCOMING - Picked up some Speedline Magnesium Saleen rims for my 2000 Explorer Limited

As I wrote in another post, I am in the middle of several upgrades to
my White Pearl 2000 Ford Explorer Limited. I picked up a set of
restored pristine Speedline 1908 Rims (18" X 8.5" with the
10mm Offset required by the Explorer) which were originally installed
on a Saleen XP8 Ford Explorer. The rims have been restored and
professionally powder coated by an outfit out in Southern California
and I''m looking to install them on my truck sometime within the next
couple weeks.

The tires originally installed on the rims were the Pirelli Scorpion
S/T in 255/55R18 109H - which is no longer made by Pirelli. I decided
to go ahead and try the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus tires
in 255/55R18 109H or 109V (haven't decided yet) This tire looks as it
might be better than the Scorpion S/T - I'll update here my thoughts
later on.

Some photos below

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...1392#355621392

Old August 5th 15, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Spanks

> Spanks wrote:
> As I wrote in another post, I am in the middle of several upgrades

to my White Pearl 2000 Ford Explorer Limited. I picked up a set of
restored pristine Speedline 1908 Rims (18" X 8.5" with the
10mm Offset required by the Explorer) which were originally installed
on a Saleen XP8 Ford Explorer. The rims have been restored and
professionally powder coated by an outfit out in Southern California
and I''m looking to install them on my truck sometime within the next
couple weeks.

> The tires originally installed on the rims were the Pirelli

Scorpion S/T in 255/55R18 109H - which is no longer made by Pirelli.
I decided to go ahead and try the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season
Plus tires in 255/55R18 109H or 109V (haven't decided yet) This tire
looks as it might be better than the Scorpion S/T - I'll update here
my thoughts later on.

> Some photos below

As some of you might have read in one of
my previous threads elsewhere, I had a front and rear swaybar from
another XP8 I purchased years ago. I sold the front bar since I
couldn't use it on my 94 Limited and I recently had the rear bar
powder coated and installed on my 2000 Limited. I also just had the
rear lowering blocks from XP8 2000-0023 powder coated and read for
installation when the truck is lowered while the wheels and tires are
installed.

Also received my tires from Tirerack

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...7072#357767072

Old September 16th 15, 02:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Spanks

> Spanks wrote:
> As I wrote in another post, I am in the middle of several upgrades

to my White Pearl 2000 Ford Explorer Limited. I picked up a set of
restored pristine Speedline 1908 Rims (18" X 8.5" with the
10mm Offset required by the Explorer) which were originally installed
on a Saleen XP8 Ford Explorer. The rims have been restored and
professionally powder coated by an outfit out in Southern California
and I''m looking to install them on my truck sometime within the next
couple weeks.

> The tires originally installed on the rims were the Pirelli

Scorpion S/T in 255/55R18 109H - which is no longer made by Pirelli.
I decided to go ahead and try the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season
Plus tires in 255/55R18 109H or 109V (haven't decided yet) This tire
looks as it might be better than the Scorpion S/T - I'll update here
my thoughts later on.

> Some photos below

Updated photos posted he

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=347805529