Aftermarket Fenders

Old August 19th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Aftermarket Fenders

Hey Jeepers-

My '95 YJ is in dire need of both front fenders as the calcium/salt
that DOT uses in Maine during the winter months has rusted them out
quite badly.

Anyway, my Jeep will not take an inspection sticker this fall without
replacement (the 2 quotes I have for repair are WAY more than I want
to spend).

I was just wondering if anyone has used aftermarket fenders like those
found in the the standard Jeep catalogs and any opinion on what to buy
or avoid. I tried going the E-Bay route with buying used OEM fenders,
but it turned into a horror show...

I was kind of hoping to buy them ready to bolt on (i.e., not having to
paint or make any modifications).

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!

Kevin
Old August 20th 09, 06:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.\(Bill\) Hughes III

Hi Kevin,
Try:
http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?...294963839+9206
http://www.trailquest.com/body-parts/yj.shtml
If you don't mind sending your job overseas, check your Yellow Pages for the
crap from China at half price.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

Old August 20th 09, 12:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

sundog_rocks wrote:
> Hey Jeepers-
>
> My '95 YJ is in dire need of both front fenders as the calcium/salt
> that DOT uses in Maine during the winter months has rusted them out
> quite badly.
>
> Anyway, my Jeep will not take an inspection sticker this fall without
> replacement (the 2 quotes I have for repair are WAY more than I want
> to spend).
>
> I was just wondering if anyone has used aftermarket fenders like those
> found in the the standard Jeep catalogs and any opinion on what to buy
> or avoid. I tried going the E-Bay route with buying used OEM fenders,
> but it turned into a horror show...
>
> I was kind of hoping to buy them ready to bolt on (i.e., not having to
> paint or make any modifications).
>
> Any ideas or recommendations?

Tubes. Lots of places have them in various styles and
you don't have to paint them.
www.jeepoutfitter.com
www.bodyarmor4x4.com
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-bu...rangler-yj.htm

If your after OEM, then try www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/

--
DougW

Old August 20th 09, 01:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
J. Clarke

DougW wrote:
> sundog_rocks wrote:
>> Hey Jeepers-
>>
>> My '95 YJ is in dire need of both front fenders as the calcium/salt
>> that DOT uses in Maine during the winter months has rusted them out
>> quite badly.
>>
>> Anyway, my Jeep will not take an inspection sticker this fall without
>> replacement (the 2 quotes I have for repair are WAY more than I want
>> to spend).
>>
>> I was just wondering if anyone has used aftermarket fenders like
>> those found in the the standard Jeep catalogs and any opinion on
>> what to buy or avoid. I tried going the E-Bay route with buying
>> used OEM fenders, but it turned into a horror show...
>>
>> I was kind of hoping to buy them ready to bolt on (i.e., not having
>> to paint or make any modifications).
>>
>> Any ideas or recommendations?

> Tubes. Lots of places have them in various styles and
> you don't have to paint them.
> www.jeepoutfitter.com
> www.bodyarmor4x4.com
> http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-bu...rangler-yj.htm
>
> If your after OEM, then try www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/

Uh, he wasn't asking about _bumpers_, he was asking about _fenders_.

Old August 20th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

J. Clarke wrote:
> DougW wrote:
>> sundog_rocks wrote:
>>> Hey Jeepers-
>>>
>>> My '95 YJ is in dire need of both front fenders as the calcium/salt
>>> that DOT uses in Maine during the winter months has rusted them out
>>> quite badly.
>>>
>>> Anyway, my Jeep will not take an inspection sticker this fall
>>> without replacement (the 2 quotes I have for repair are WAY more
>>> than I want to spend).
>>>
>>> I was just wondering if anyone has used aftermarket fenders like
>>> those found in the the standard Jeep catalogs and any opinion on
>>> what to buy or avoid. I tried going the E-Bay route with buying
>>> used OEM fenders, but it turned into a horror show...
>>>
>>> I was kind of hoping to buy them ready to bolt on (i.e., not having
>>> to paint or make any modifications).
>>>
>>> Any ideas or recommendations?

>> Tubes. Lots of places have them in various styles and
>> you don't have to paint them.
>> www.jeepoutfitter.com
>> www.bodyarmor4x4.com
>> http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-bu...rangler-yj.htm
>>
>> If your after OEM, then try www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/

> Uh, he wasn't asking about _bumpers_, he was asking about _fenders_.

fenders, bumpers,

..doh.

missed it by > < that much.
At least it was the same end of the jeep.

CPD still works for collision parts.

But there is no way around painting unless you luck
into a junkyard part in the right color.

--
DougW

Old August 21st 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

J. Clarke wrote:
> DougW wrote:
>> sundog_rocks wrote:
>>> Hey Jeepers-
>>>
>>> My '95 YJ is in dire need of both front fenders as the calcium/salt
>>> that DOT uses in Maine during the winter months has rusted them out
>>> quite badly.
>>>
>>> Anyway, my Jeep will not take an inspection sticker this fall without
>>> replacement (the 2 quotes I have for repair are WAY more than I want
>>> to spend).
>>>
>>> I was just wondering if anyone has used aftermarket fenders like
>>> those found in the the standard Jeep catalogs and any opinion on
>>> what to buy or avoid. I tried going the E-Bay route with buying
>>> used OEM fenders, but it turned into a horror show...
>>>
>>> I was kind of hoping to buy them ready to bolt on (i.e., not having
>>> to paint or make any modifications).
>>>
>>> Any ideas or recommendations?

>> Tubes. Lots of places have them in various styles and
>> you don't have to paint them.
>> www.jeepoutfitter.com
>> www.bodyarmor4x4.com
>> http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-bu...rangler-yj.htm
>>
>> If your after OEM, then try www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/

> Uh, he wasn't asking about _bumpers_, he was asking about _fenders_.

140 bucks for a mopar fender. Work to install cheapcrap would be worth
more than that to me.

Aftermarket Honda Fenders Chris F. Technology 3 August 5th 09 12:54 AM
ISO: Fenders for 72 bug in Spokane Brian VW air cooled 0 August 27th 05 04:09 PM
Wider Fenders TerryB VW air cooled 10 March 8th 05 05:29 PM
mystery fenders Glenn Pavlovic Antique cars 1 October 29th 04 07:44 AM
any way to protect NOS fenders? Nate Nagel Antique cars 16 October 24th 04 12:40 PM