TV in car again question

Old June 28th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default TV in car again question

Is there a TV with built in tuner for car use that does
NOT need to be permanently mounted in the vehicle but
can be moved form vehicle to vehicle?

This would be for use in a car while on driving
vacation but also to be used in very small apartment
Old June 29th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"« Paul »" <" « Paul > wrote:

>There are hundreds of such devices. They are called "portable televisions". In
>the United States they are available in drugstores, supermarkets, appliance
>stores, shopping malls, hardware stores, liquor stores, gas stations, etc.
>If your part of the world does not have those kinds of stores, then I don't know
>what to tell you.

So how do you propose carrying this in a car?

http://tinyurl.com/og3ge
Old June 30th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:

> "« Paul »" <" « Paul > wrote:
>

> >There are hundreds of such devices. They are called "portable televisions". In
> >the United States they are available in drugstores, supermarkets, appliance
> >stores, shopping malls, hardware stores, liquor stores, gas stations, etc.
> >If your part of the world does not have those kinds of stores, then I don't know
> >what to tell you.

> So how do you propose carrying this in a car?

http://tinyurl.com/og3ge

A 13" CRT!!! type tv! That is not what I had in mind.
Where I live we have stores called "Radio Shack".
http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...w=tv&origkw=tv
They have several flat LCD tv's that you might like.
We also have "Best Buy" stores but they are high in price and not many people go
there.
Here are some others. If you don't have stores where you live, maybe youcould
mail order? In the US there might not be any more analog tv after year end.
http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Action_ACN_5507
http://www.photo.net/equipment/portable_lcd/
Old June 30th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

I have a b-w 9" tv that I use in the car.

can any reg. tv and the right x-former fill the bill?

you might check with some of these van places that outfit vans with
goodies.

Old June 30th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:

> I have a b-w 9" tv that I use in the car.
>
> can any reg. tv and the right x-former fill the bill?
>
> you might check with some of these van places that outfit vans with
> goodies.

Yes. Excellent idea.
Old June 30th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:

> "« Paul »" <" « Paul > wrote:
>

> >There are hundreds of such devices. They are called "portable televisions". In
> >the United States they are available in drugstores, supermarkets, appliance
> >stores, shopping malls, hardware stores, liquor stores, gas stations, etc.
> >If your part of the world does not have those kinds of stores, then I don't know
> >what to tell you.

> So how do you propose carrying this in a car?

http://tinyurl.com/og3ge

Put it in the trunk.

You didn't think we were going to help you set it up so you could watch
while driving, did you?

--
Paul Hovnanian
definition: recursion; see recursion.
Old June 30th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"« Paul »" <" « Paul > wrote:

>A 13" CRT!!! type tv! That is not what I had in mind.
>Where I live we have stores called "Radio Shack".
>http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...w=tv&origkw=tv
>They have several flat LCD tv's that you might like.
>We also have "Best Buy" stores but they are high in price and not many people go
>there.
>Here are some others. If you don't have stores where you live, maybe you could
>mail order? In the US there might not be any more analog tv after year end.
>http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Action_ACN_5507
>http://www.photo.net/equipment/portable_lcd/

Ahh.... NOW I'm clear!!

Thanks so much for you time and help!!

You've given me some very low cost options above!

I especially like the unit in very last link.
Old June 30th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." > wrote:

>You didn't think we were going to help you set it up so you could watch
>while driving, did you?

why would you assume that?

It will be for a cargo van that I'm converting into a
camper son

2005 Mustang Fog Light Question Craig Shaffer Ford Mustang 2 June 23rd 06 06:24 PM
1993 Saturn Fuel Filter Question OHC (SOHC)? [email protected] Saturn 7 May 21st 06 08:39 PM
Ignorant question. Jeepers Jeep 9 January 15th 05 06:42 AM
93 SL1 Valve Body - Question Gary Compton Saturn 3 September 3rd 04 05:58 PM