MPG after belt + change.

Old October 30th 05, 06:30 PM
SteveH

Default MPG after belt + change.

Ronny > wrote:

> > the digital onboard computer tells me and cos I got a policy..........keep
> > the revs between 1500-2500 on average.......55/60mph. I also use minor B
> > roads most of the time.
> >

> If you have to have a "policy" to drive a V6 why not just go for a smaller
> engine, then you won't need to worry so much,

A 90bhp TDI would suit him nicely.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Passat 1.8 Turbo SE - COSOC KOTL
Old October 30th 05, 06:45 PM
Chris Bartram

> no, performance is much the same, if anything a little better. This made me
> think it adjusted the timing a little................so if that's the case
> then it would consume a little more fuel. This with the added thought that
> everything is tight and may require more power. The job was carried out by a
> very competent garage..........I made sure about that.

If the performance is better, are you giving it a bit more welly perhaps?
Old October 30th 05, 07:22 PM
Ronny

Old October 30th 05, 07:50 PM
Chris Bartram

SteveH wrote:
> Ronny > wrote:
>

>>>the digital onboard computer tells me and cos I got a policy..........keep
>>>the revs between 1500-2500 on average.......55/60mph. I also use minor B
>>>roads most of the time.
>>>

>>If you have to have a "policy" to drive a V6 why not just go for a smaller
>>engine, then you won't need to worry so much,

> A 90bhp TDI would suit him nicely.

Yep. If you like the torque, but usually limit yourself in that rev
range a 90/110 TDi will feel just like the V6 and give you 50+ MPG. The
110 would be a bit better as it spins up a bit quicker. Mind you, by
1500rpm either one will be nicely on boost.
Old January 8th 06, 02:36 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

> If the mechanic changing it got the timing wrong it could do- if for
> example the valvegear was out by one tooth it would be enough to affect
> performance but might not damage the engine.

If this was the case, there would be alot more than 2 mpg to worry about.