Dodge Intrepid 2.7L engine problems Replace with 3.2

Old December 17th 04, 12:27 AM
toyota1

Default Dodge Intrepid 2.7L engine problems Replace with 3.2

Anyone having problems with the dodge intrepid 2.7 L engine, I have a
cheaper and better solution for you. I own an automotive shop and we have
been installing the optional 3.2l engine with very successful results,
cheaper than a replacement 2.7l. If you have any questions or interest in
the 3.2 conversion, feel free to contact me via email.

Old December 17th 04, 12:44 AM
maxpower

Im just wondering what happens down the road when the vehicle fails a State
emissions program, If the labels/vin/engine and all that dont match, it wont
fly thru, not to say thats considered tampering (federal offence) And what
about the engine controller??? 2.7-3.2??? i belive there is a difference
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech
lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 17th 04, 12:44 AM
maxpower

Im just wondering what happens down the road when the vehicle fails a State
emissions program, If the labels/vin/engine and all that dont match, it wont
fly thru, not to say thats considered tampering (federal offence) And what
about the engine controller??? 2.7-3.2??? i belive there is a difference
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech
lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 17th 04, 06:41 PM
Larry Crites

With a name of "toyota1", I wouldn't trust this person's work on my Mopar.
My 2.7 has just under 96,000 miles on it. Still has a lot of power, and no
smoking, whatsoever. What's the problem?

Larry
Unlock the Universe

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 17th 04, 06:41 PM
Larry Crites

With a name of "toyota1", I wouldn't trust this person's work on my Mopar.
My 2.7 has just under 96,000 miles on it. Still has a lot of power, and no
smoking, whatsoever. What's the problem?

Larry
Unlock the Universe

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 17th 04, 09:00 PM
toyota1

The emissions have not been a problem. Vehicles that have been tested have
passed. Also the 2.7l ecu will run the 3.2 engines without any problems.
State laws vary depending on the state, and there are certain processes in
some states that require you to register a vehicle as "rebuilt" in this
situation.

Old December 17th 04, 09:10 PM
toyota1

larry, the problem with the 2.7 is that the oil pickup and passages in the
cylinder heads are too small and it causes a large amount of sludge to
form, thus reducing the oil flow to the top end, and damaging timing chain
and valve train. as these are an interference engine, if the timing chain
breaks, pistons hit valves, and so on.. ive seen 2.7s with 40k miles on up
to 120k miles fail. it all depends on the maintenance of the vehicle. sorry
you feel that way about toyotas, but my truck with 200k miles and original
engine, etc, is much more impressive than my dodge intrepid 2.7 that
failed with 45k miles on it, and my dodge truck (used to have) that the
transmission failed at 70k, and both had had oil changes done every 4k
miles since new, trans fluid flush every 25k. it now has a 3.2 with almost
20k miles and is running perfectly.

Old December 17th 04, 09:36 PM
maxpower

Alot of that is due to using the wrong viscostiy oil, and not changing it
at the proper time, i havent seen alot of problems here at the shop except
for a few....and they were destroyed because the owners neglected them.
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech
lkaboutautos.com...