Impossible Lamps

Old June 29th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

Default Impossible Lamps

Does the Lund Headlamp which I am looking at, exist? I've asked everyone
for months now and the name Lund has not been heard of! Its just a shallow
chrome shelled 7" lamp with the bezel clamped by bolt - no markings. The
lamp mounting has a riveted flange, the bulb is a large two filament 2"
globe with a three pin mounting which twists in to its base. The glass has
Lund Lamp cast in the middle. Ever, ever, come across one? Vincent

Old June 30th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

vincent wrote:
> Does the Lund Headlamp which I am looking at, exist?

Lund is a city in Sweden, and there may be a relationship there. There is a
company by the name of Lund today, but they do not make headlight bulbs.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old July 1st 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
vincent

Unfortunately there appears to be nothing linking the city or Lund
Institute according to the internet, thanks

Old July 2nd 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
v8z

Since there is an auto accessory company, Lund International, which makes
all kinds of bug deflectors, headlight covers, etc., I checked the "about"
page on their website http://www.lundinternational.com/history.aspx

The text on that page begins "Founded in 1997 and with roots dating back to
the 1930s, Lund International started in Anoka, Minnesota...."

Its possible that this Lund was around in the '30s, making aftermarket
headlamps. Maybe a call or email to the company is in order. They might
even want the lamp you have for a historical exemplar ... then again, after
being bought and relocated, its more likely that the current crop of
management will have no idea whatsover about the company's history and not
give a rat's backside about it....

Old July 2nd 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
vincent

Thank you V8, I have emailed them some while ago and they inform me they are
not that company! Vincent