GTR- Very Impressed!

Old July 4th 05, 12:08 AM
Paul Grunwald

Default GTR- Very Impressed!

I just got around to installing GTR that I received for Fathers
Day/Birthday. I have installed the game with the 1.4 patch, fired up the
TrackIR and selected the Logitech Momo force wheel. I'm very impressed
with how everything just worked! without hours of screwing around. I'm
running at 1280x1024x32 and it looks gorgous and I have not noticed any
stuttering or lagging.

Nice job SimBin and 10T!

I'm still looking for my holy grail of Racing Games. I want a re-creation
of the IROC season 1 that was raced with Porsche 911 RSR's. How do I get
started creating a Mod like that?

Best regards,
Paul
Old July 4th 05, 12:47 AM
Rich8

Well Simbin is working on a new sim titled "GT Legends" its a
simulation of the historic FIA GT series... Porsche 911 RSR is one of
the many cars that will be featured.. In the screenshots I've seen
Shelby Cobras, GT 40s, Daytona Coupes, Panteras, etc.

http://www.gt-legends.com/img/screen...nds_TC76_1.jpg

http://forum.rscnet.org/attachment.p...hmentid=292343

anticipation is quite high, haven't heard a release date yet...

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 18:08:12 -0500, Paul Grunwald

Old July 4th 05, 12:56 AM
Rich8

http://www.fia-historic-racing.com/en/gt-legends/

Old July 4th 05, 02:34 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Paul Grunwald" > wrote in message
7.136...
>I just got around to installing GTR that I received for Fathers
> Day/Birthday. I have installed the game with the 1.4 patch, fired up
> the
> TrackIR and selected the Logitech Momo force wheel. I'm very impressed
> with how everything just worked! without hours of screwing around. I'm
> running at 1280x1024x32 and it looks gorgous and I have not noticed any
> stuttering or lagging.
>
> Nice job SimBin and 10T!
>
> I'm still looking for my holy grail of Racing Games. I want a re-creation
> of the IROC season 1 that was raced with Porsche 911 RSR's. How do I get
> started creating a Mod like that?
>
> Best regards,
> Paul

GTR is an excellent racer, but if you're looking for multiplayer, forget it.
I've been on servers of 20+ drivers and it often is a slide show. Maybe I'm
just unlucky; but try comparing LFS S2's online and GTR and you might see
what I mean.

Myself, I prefer LFS, online or off. GTR just acts too heavy, as if there
were some loose programming going on. Sometimes the game crashes for no
reason at all.

LFS, being just as good a simulator as GTR, is very tightly bound. And
compare the sizes of the install.

I don't claim to be some kind of guru of what makes a racing simulator a
good racing simulator. But GTR seems rushed, out of whack. LFS seems
economical and nearly flawless (except for AI problems, currently).

Still, I like both games. But since the S2 Alpha release of LFS, I haven't
touched GTR.

Alanb

Old July 4th 05, 05:14 AM
Paul Grunwald

Rich8 > wrote in
:

> Well Simbin is working on a new sim titled "GT Legends" its a
> simulation of the historic FIA GT series... Porsche 911 RSR is one of
> the many cars that will be featured.. In the screenshots I've seen
> Shelby Cobras, GT 40s, Daytona Coupes, Panteras, etc.
>

> http://www.gt-legends.com/img/screen...nds_TC76_1.jpg
>

> http://forum.rscnet.org/attachment.p...hmentid=292343
>

> anticipation is quite high, haven't heard a release date yet...

Nice!

I was 13 years old when the first IROC was run and that is when I fell in
love with Porsches! It has only taken me 25 years to be able to afford
one.

They would not have to do very much to do the IROC series if they have
the RSR - the IROC cars were suppose to be identical except for the
colors. They just need to do the 2 tracks and the cars. Here are some
nice pictures from the IROC season 1:
http://www.mlodeent.com/IROC/iroc.htm