Do gas prices go up on weekends/holidays?

Old October 1st 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave C.[_4_]

Default Do gas prices go up on weekends/holidays?

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:27:15 -0700 (PDT)
"Mr. Nonsense" > wrote:

> Or is this just an urban legend?

Well observing gas prices over the past 40 years or so...

If prices are going up, they will go up on Friday. If prices are going down, they will go down on Tuesday. If it's a holiday coming up, the prices will increase a tad. Even if gas prices WERE trending downward before the holiday.

So not urban legend at all. -Dave
Old October 1st 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mr. Nonsense

Or is this just an urban legend?
Old October 2nd 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Oct 2, 2:48*am, Shawn Hirn > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *"Mr. Nonsense" > wrote:
>
> > Or is this just an urban legend?

> Gas prices in my area definitely go up in the summer months. If you
> track your gas purchasing and your car's milage in a spreadsheet like I
> do, you can easily see pricing trends.

Yes, it is a regular occurrance. Supply and demand (amongst other
things). More driving is done in summer price goes up, fall comes
Labor Day is over, drivng goes down, price drops usually very soon
after the holiday.

I ahven't noticed any correlation to day of the week. Does your
spreadsheet show one?

Harry K

Travel National Holidays around Asia in 2009 Asia holidays. Vacations& holidays in Asia 2009 Travel. World's best holidays 2009 Travel. Diving inAsia 2009 Travel. Asia scuba diving holidays 2009 Travel. World's best diving2009 Travel. Full Moon B Languagecorps Cambodia Driving 0 December 29th 08 05:23 AM
Drunk-driver crashes into car full of kids - Gets two weekends injail Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 12 August 21st 07 11:51 PM
Holidays Padraig Auto Photos 102 January 7th 07 05:47 PM
Accord 98 doesn't start after weekends Homer[_2_] Honda 6 September 6th 06 02:38 PM