Popping noise in front end: '98 TJ

Old March 10th 09, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
GTK

Default Popping noise in front end: '98 TJ

'98 TJ 6 cyl: I'm hearing a loud popping noise in the front end when
the jeep suspension is torked, like when going up a drive way crooked,
or making a tight turn causing the front end to sway away from the turn.
Happens in both directions. Its not anything with the stearing gear
box because at a stand still, when I turn the wheel in either direction
I get no sound. Only happens, it seems, when the frame is twisted. Any
ideas?
Old March 11th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott in Baltimore[_2_]

GTK wrote:
> '98 TJ 6 cyl: I'm hearing a loud popping noise in the front end when
> the jeep suspension is torked, like when going up a drive way crooked,
> or making a tight turn causing the front end to sway away from the turn.
> Happens in both directions. Its not anything with the stearing gear
> box because at a stand still, when I turn the wheel in either direction
> I get no sound. Only happens, it seems, when the frame is twisted. Any
> ideas?

It's not clunking on bumps? I'm about to drop my '97 off at the
shop for annoying clunks on turns and bumps and I don't like the
sounds it's making!
Old March 11th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RoyJ

Check the U-joints at the steering knuckles. A wisp of rust at the
rubber boot means a toasted joint.

Old March 11th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Williams Nemesis

"L.W.(ßill)Hughes III" > wrote in message
> You need new swaybar grommets.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
>
> http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

Gee willikers lard ass. Managed to get sober enough twice in one week to
post.
I guess you'll be looking for another award now.
Billieboi Mk III. The purveyor of nothingness award.

Will

Old March 12th 09, 06:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeep America #1[_10_]

so bill cant do anything right in your mind then even when hes posting
about jeeps but your still trolling

your not even giving bill a fair shot

Old March 12th 09, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeep America #1[_10_]

bills braver than youll ever be girly man buffy homo

hard to get in the forces under dont ask dont tell when you call
yourself buffy

Buffy Saint Marie Antoinette Funicello Biafra

Old March 12th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ULB

On Mar 10, 4:28*pm, GTK > wrote:
> '98 TJ 6 cyl: *I'm hearing a loud popping noise in the front end when
> the jeep suspension is torked, like when going up a drive way crooked,
> or making a tight turn causing the front end to sway away from the turn.
> * Happens in both directions. *Its not anything with the stearing gear
> box because at a stand still, when I turn the wheel in either direction
> I get no sound. *Only happens, it seems, when the frame is twisted. *Any
> ideas?

I had a similar issue but the culprit was my rubber on my front
trackbar. But since you get no sound at a stand still movint the
steering wheel it probably isnt it. Worth a shot, to just get under
there and look. Grab a hold of the track bar and shake the crap out
of it and see if you can produce the noise.
Old March 12th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Craig Scheiner

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:27:17 -0700, Jeep America #1 wrote
(in article >):

> so bill cant do anything right in your mind then even when hes posting
> about jeeps <Snip> your not even giving bill a fair shot

JA,

Some of us have been around these groups for a number of years. For me, it is
alt.binaries.pictures.autos and I've followed that group for around five
years. Hughes posted there for that long or more. During that entire period
he was extraordinarily disruptive. You've read here the kinds of things he
did.

A.b.p.a. is a car photo group. That's how you contribute there like jeep
postings are how you contribute here. Hughes never posted a single picture
except a few family photos. But he did post many, perhaps more than a
thousand, posts insulting the other members of that group. That's all he ever
did. Before he was booted off, he resorted to flooding the group with the
same long rant, sometimes hundreds of times daily, over and over. If you had
endured it you would understand why he is not respected nor welcome there nor
here.

It's not a question of his jeep knowledge or fairness. Hughes has caused
himself to be unwelcome no matter what and where he posts. You know there
must be good reason before someone is formally restrained from posting. ISPs
do not do that without very good cause. It is not possible to believe that
all of a sudden Hughes is deserving of respect.

You asked a legitimate question and this is a straight forward and honest
answer. In a respectful manner I suggest you might want to rethink your
support of him. To everyone else you are not just supporting him; you are
also supporting his past indefensible behavior.

Craig

Old March 13th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Cujo DeSockpuppet[_2_]

"L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes III" > wrote in
:

> You need [SLAP!]

You need to keep your promises, Goat****er. Where's my lawsuit?

Overlord of alt.****nozzles. Winner of the 8/2000, 2/2003 & 4/2007 HL&S
"Irrelevant. The unaware fear me. The aware welcome me." - Edmo, brave
explorer of PF Chang's explains why he's always on topic in kook groups.
Old March 13th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_30_]

"Craig Scheiner" > escribió en el mensaje de noticias
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:27:17 -0700, Jeep America #1 wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> so bill cant do anything right in your mind then even when hes posting
>> about jeeps <Snip> your not even giving bill a fair shot

> JA,
>
> Some of us have been around these groups for a number of years. For me, it
> is
> alt.binaries.pictures.autos and I've followed that group for around five
> years. Hughes posted there for that long or more. During that entire
> period
> he was extraordinarily disruptive. You've read here the kinds of things he
> did.

This is the Jeep group not ABPA. I don't care what Hughes did in ABPA. If
Cujo DeSockpuppet and Pink Freud are representative of the types who post
there, I really don't care. Read my lips. I don't care. It's nothing
personal, but anyone who mentions ABPA in this discussion group goes in my
kill file.

;^)

Earle

Popping noise when turning 97tjMike Jeep 17 July 29th 07 01:01 AM
CHEVROLET VENTURE POPPING NOISE [email protected] Technology 6 October 15th 06 05:26 PM
91 corolla popping noise while driving [email protected] Technology 3 August 24th 06 03:00 PM
popping noise funguy 4x4 1 October 8th 05 05:03 PM
Popping noise on turns and reverse Shane McBride Chrysler 3 March 23rd 05 08:01 PM