OK Seriously : Are there any Additives that yawl like

Old June 25th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default OK Seriously : Are there any Additives that yawl like

For the oil and / or the gas tank ? Thanks in advance..
Old June 25th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
HLS

"Bardahl anyone ? We all used it here in the Midwest for long time "
> wrote in message
> For the oil and / or the gas tank ? Thanks in advance..

None, for normal and regular usage in either gas or oil.

Old June 25th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_4_]

Bardahl anyone ? We all used it here in the Midwest for long time wrote:
> For the oil and / or the gas tank ? Thanks in advance..

Seafoam. Works for an injector cleaner and carbon removal.

--
Steve W.
Old June 25th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

Bardahl anyone ? We all used it here in the Midwest for long time
> wrote in article
> For the oil and / or the gas tank ? Thanks in advance..

I've heard that a little sugar in the gas tank will sweeten the exhaust and
take care of that "rotten egg" smell........

Old June 25th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

Bardahl anyone ? We all used it here in the Midwest for long time wrote:
> For the oil and / or the gas tank ? Thanks in advance..

None whatsoever. Additives are a good way to screw up the chemistry of
fluids that were very carefully engineered to to their jobs in the first
place.

Old June 25th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
disston

"I've heard that a little sugar in the gas tank will sweeten the
exhaust and
take care of that "rotten egg" smell........ "

This has got to be a joke! Sugar in the gas will burn up the engine or
cause it to seize. Back in the '60's when anti-war protests were BIG,
the Hippies would try to sneak sugar into the cop cars, if they could
get one not being watched. That car would soon smoke and the engine
would seize. Oh, for the good old days.

I'm not sure this poster intends harm or even knows this but anything
from him should be regarded with suspicion.

disston
Old June 25th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I have an old Army Technical Manual/soft back book here that I bought at
a gun show many years ago.The book is about putting different thingys in
gas tanks.I haven't looked in the book in a long time, but I think the
book says sugar isn't effective.
cuhulin

Old June 25th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >,
Bardahl anyone ? We all used it here in the Midwest for long time > wrote:
>For the oil and / or the gas tank ? Thanks in advance..

I like oil and gas respectively.

There are useful additives, like detergents and stabilizers, and they
solve particular problems. If there is no problem, there is no need to
use them.
--scott
Old June 25th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I am a Southerner and I always figured a Yawl is a Boat, something like
a Sailboat, y'all. www.yall.com
cuhulin

Old June 25th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ray

Bardahl anyone ? We all used it here in the Midwest for long time wrote:
> For the oil and / or the gas tank ? Thanks in advance..

Once I year I put in a thing of FI cleaner.

For my summer car, I put in fuel stabilizer when I park it for the winter.
Same car sees octane boost when I'm going to be using the nitrous.

Other than that it's gas and oil.

Ray

motor oil additives [email protected] Technology 2 March 10th 06 03:37 AM
AWA [OFFER] Lubricant Additives:Antiwear Additives 308B ,Thioglycollic Acid TGA [email protected] General 0 January 11th 06 01:51 PM
AWA [OFFER] Lubricating oil Additives:304 Ep Antiwear Additives [email protected] General 0 January 11th 06 12:01 PM
additives? griffin Jeep 7 December 3rd 04 11:08 AM
poll: additives? L.W.(ßill) Hughes III Jeep 11 December 2nd 04 12:54 AM