IRacing Pricing

Old January 30th 08, 11:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Default IRacing Pricing

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=309713

>> As little as $13 a month for a year subscription. That's with limited
>> content, though. Additional cars will cost $15 and tracks will cost
>> $15 to $25.
>>
>> Pat Dotson
>> UltraForce Simulations LLC
>> http://www.ultraforcesim.com

> Screw them. They expect me to pay $20.00 just for a 30 day demo? I have to
> pay $20.00 to find out if it is worth paying a monthly fee or not? Don't
> think so.

It will be worth $20/month to be in a place where there's no possibility
of you showing up FFS! LOL.

I smell a DK Plot!

Old January 30th 08, 11:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Backspace

Byron Forbes wrote:

> It will be worth $20/month to be in a place where there's no possibility
> of you showing up FFS! LOL.
>
> I smell a DK Plot!

Stop waving your pink hanky in the air like anyone cares, fop.
Old January 30th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry \(The Real One - For Now....\)

So, you expect it to be released and then never be updated ?

Old January 30th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

> So, you expect it to be released and then never be updated ?

The monthly fee pays for it's constant development.
Old January 30th 08, 06:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry \(The Real One - For Now....\)

That's kinda the point I was making. I was being sarcastic

-Larry

Old January 30th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Don't worry, as soon as his mommy realizes he is wacking off on his
computer instead of doing his homework he will crawl back under his
rock... me, i'll just kill filter him and his BS.

Old January 30th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Larry (The Real One - For Now....) wrote:
> That's kinda the point I was making. I was being sarcastic

> -Larry

I got you Larry. I think Tim is winding up into full marketing mode, too
big an opportunity to miss

Anyway back on topic if the wife complains about the cost of iRacing I
will refer her to the cost of maintaining her hair. Given my folically
challenged status I must have saved more than enough to justify my
measly hobby...

Old January 30th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

> Anyway back on topic if the wife complains about the cost of iRacing I
> will refer her to the cost of maintaining her hair. Given my folically
> challenged status I must have saved more than enough to justify my
> measly hobby...

....and I always imagined you with long flowing blond locks... perhaps
on a beach somewhere?
Old January 30th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jeff Reid[_2_]

>> Anyway back on topic if the wife complains about the cost of iRacing I
>> will refer her to the cost of maintaining her hair. Given my folically
>> challenged status I must have saved more than enough to justify my
>> measly hobby...

> ...and I always imagined you with long flowing blond locks... perhaps
> on a beach somewhere?

That would be his sheep.

Old January 31st 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Tim Wheatley" > wrote in message
>> So, you expect it to be released and then never be updated ?

> The monthly fee pays for it's constant development.

Lets do a few comparisons to what we have become accustomed to and what
may now be.

Accustomed to -

Patching and searching for patches
new mod installs and finding
new track installs and finding
mismatches online

and basic mass confusion and headache, especially for the budding rookies.

iRacing may delete all of the above (apart from installs which will be
greatly dependent upon choices). I don't know of any time in the history of
sim racing that getting down to the driving/sport has been as effortless as
it may now become - that's what we'll be paying for and I believe it will be
WELL worth it!

Brings back memories of the very early days of GPL - 11 tracks, 1
Lotus and lets go racing! But even that had teething problems getting
online races happening.

Pardon my ignorance and laziness to search the iRacing site - what is
the situation with weather implementation?

iRacing Who? [email protected] Simulators 62 August 10th 07 10:01 PM
iRacing what? _Mitch Simulators 4 August 1st 07 04:27 AM
Will iRacing ever produce a PC sim ? DB Simulators 86 September 15th 05 08:33 PM
iRacing and Piratebay ymenard Simulators 6 July 23rd 05 01:44 AM