GTR2 & MOTEC Interpreter

Old September 24th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
BRH

Default GTR2 & MOTEC Interpreter

Can someone provide some guidance to me regarding the installation of
the MOTEC i2 Interpreter in GTR2? Instructions for this are kind of
sparse and confusing. GTR2's readme file says to downlaod the "i2
interpreter". However, on MOTEC's webpage, it shows (among other files)
"i2 Standard", "i2 Pro" and "Interpreter" - 3 different files.

So, exactly which of these files needs to be downloaded and installed?
Also, how/where does it get installed so that it communicates properly
with GTR2?

Thanks for the help.
Old September 24th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

BRH wrote:
> Can someone provide some guidance to me regarding the installation of
> the MOTEC i2 Interpreter in GTR2? Instructions for this are kind of
> sparse and confusing. GTR2's readme file says to downlaod the "i2
> interpreter". However, on MOTEC's webpage, it shows (among other files)
> "i2 Standard", "i2 Pro" and "Interpreter" - 3 different files.
>
> So, exactly which of these files needs to be downloaded and installed?
> Also, how/where does it get installed so that it communicates properly
> with GTR2?
>
> Thanks for the help.

This is for the demo, but is probably applicable to the full version:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=260864

Haven't tried it - just having too much fun driving for now.

HTH,
Kendt

Old September 25th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Scott B. Husted

BRH wrote:
> Can someone provide some guidance to me regarding the installation of
> the MOTEC i2 Interpreter in GTR2? Instructions for this are kind of
> sparse and confusing. GTR2's readme file says to downlaod the "i2
> interpreter". However, on MOTEC's webpage, it shows (among other files)
> "i2 Standard", "i2 Pro" and "Interpreter" - 3 different files.
>
> So, exactly which of these files needs to be downloaded and installed?
> Also, how/where does it get installed so that it communicates properly
> with GTR2?
>
> Thanks for the help.

It's a bit confusing, but the MOTEC data is actually built into the
game.. you just need the interpreter to open up the files generated.

You want to download the i2 Pro interpreter.

--
Scott B. Husted
http://www.RacingHistorian.com
Old September 25th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

There is a HOW TO on RSC about just this subject. I don't have a link, but
it's he

Race Sim Central Forums > SIMBIN Simulations > GTR2 > Technical Advice >
[HOWTO] Enabling MOTEC

-Larry

Old September 27th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Eden7c

Larry wrote:
> There is a HOW TO on RSC about just this subject. I don't have a link, but
> it's he
>
> Race Sim Central Forums > SIMBIN Simulations > GTR2 > Technical Advice >
> [HOWTO] Enabling MOTEC
>
> -Larry

Get WR304'S Motec beginners guide over at Blimey ( GTR-GTL-GTR2 Game dev)

http://www.blimeygames.com/download.php

=[O-)]

:dDriver:

Old September 28th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
BRH

wrote:

>>>This is for the demo, but is probably applicable to the full version:
>>>
>>>http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=260864
>>>
>>>Haven't tried it - just having too much fun driving for now.
>>>
>>>HTH,
>>>Kendt
>>>

>>Hmmm... That link isn't working. Is it down at the moment, or do you
>>have a better link?
>>
>>Thanks!

OK. Got it. Thanks, Guys!

GTR VS GTR2? BRH Simulators 20 October 2nd 06 07:46 PM
rFactor vs. GTR2 Chang Liu Simulators 9 September 18th 06 08:21 AM
GTR / GTR2 demands for graphics processor [email protected] Simulators 6 September 2nd 06 09:34 AM
Will GTR2 be multithreaded? Cris Eichler Simulators 4 August 24th 06 04:25 AM
Motec in GTR Timmy Ferrell Simulators 1 July 22nd 05 12:35 PM