Backing Up GPL to DVD

Old August 14th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
BRH

Default Backing Up GPL to DVD

I want to free up some space in my hard drive and have decided to remove
GPL for now. Since GPL has nothing in the registry, I'm trying to just
back-up the GPL folder. With all of the add-ons, etc, my GPL folder is
about 2.8 Gigs.

Therefore, I'd like to back it up to a DVD. I tried simply copying it
over to my DVD Recorder using WindowsXP Drag-and-Drop, but I get a
message saying that "Windows encountered a problem."

Can someone explain the procedure to back-up to a DVD? This should be
pretty simple, but maybe I'm missing a step or two.

Thanks!
Old August 14th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
LuvrSmel

your dvd has to be formatted before drag and drop will work.
I wouldn't use the windows program.
Use a third party app such as Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator's "drag to disc"
Nero has their own too.

Old August 14th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy

Wizip it, that way there is not one problem with file names, If I were you
then burn that file (wont be much smaller than not zipped) to the DVD.
Trust me.
LuvrSmel enlightened us with:

Old August 15th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
BRH

LuvrSmel wrote:
> your dvd has to be formatted before drag and drop will work.
> I wouldn't use the windows program.
> Use a third party app such as Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator's "drag to disc"
> Nero has their own too.
>
> <BRH> wrote in message . ..
>
>>I want to free up some space in my hard drive and have decided to remove
>>GPL for now. Since GPL has nothing in the registry, I'm trying to just
>>back-up the GPL folder. With all of the add-ons, etc, my GPL folder is
>>about 2.8 Gigs.
>>
>>Therefore, I'd like to back it up to a DVD. I tried simply copying it
>>over to my DVD Recorder using WindowsXP Drag-and-Drop, but I get a message
>>saying that "Windows encountered a problem."
>>
>>Can someone explain the procedure to back-up to a DVD? This should be
>>pretty simple, but maybe I'm missing a step or two.
>>
>>Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. I used Nero's Back-Up program and worked fine.

Trim backing Jonny VW water cooled 0 August 6th 06 01:37 AM
Brake backing plate question on my 66 Mike West VW air cooled 3 December 17th 05 03:46 AM
01 GLX Carbio - popping sound while turning and backing after new rack, tie rods and ends cstoddard VW water cooled 2 November 5th 05 08:45 AM
fender flare backing plate xj TF Jeep 2 September 9th 05 12:34 AM
backing up downhill with the first gear acuario Technology 6 August 21st 05 04:00 PM