'98 Alfa 156 2.0 TS

Old March 7th 05, 06:16 PM
IanT

Default '98 Alfa 156 2.0 TS

Just put a deposit on a 1998 156 2.0 TS - slightly concerned as price
seemed low (4000) for the mileage (under 50,000)

Looks to be in excellent condition (left front wheel makes grinding
noise - seems to be worn pads) but dealer assures this will be fixed
before delivery

Any thoughts - or are Alfa's just very cheap cars secondhand??

Old March 7th 05, 06:42 PM
Hughes.

In article . com>,
"IanT" > wrote:

> Just put a deposit on a 1998 156 2.0 TS - slightly concerned as price
> seemed low (4000) for the mileage (under 50,000)
>
> Looks to be in excellent condition (left front wheel makes grinding
> noise - seems to be worn pads) but dealer assures this will be fixed
> before delivery
>
> Any thoughts - or are Alfa's just very cheap cars secondhand??

Depreciation is your friend!

Unless you buy new.

My high miler 98 2.0 TS cost me Ł3200 18 months ago.

Frankly, I don't why anyone drives anything else but Alfas when they can be
picked up in fine fettle for so little.

--
I Amuse (I am Hughes.)
Judge Nutmeg in #Digi

1998 156 2.0 TS Sport
Old March 7th 05, 07:43 PM
alfistagj

Looks like a fair price to me.
Indeed, not expensive second hand, but not expensive new as well.
Compared to i.e. BMW/Audi the depreciation in % is higher, but in
pounds/euro is less!!
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"IanT" > schreef in bericht
ups.com...

Old March 7th 05, 09:11 PM
Dombrek

Użytkownik "alfistagj" > napisał w
wiadomo¶ci ...
> Looks like a fair price to me.
> Indeed, not expensive second hand, but not expensive new as well.
> Compared to i.e. BMW/Audi the depreciation in % is higher, but in
> pounds/euro is less!!

Italian mathematics?!
Dombrek

Old March 7th 05, 09:16 PM
IanT

Ok - sounds like I didn't get too bad a deal then

Thanks for the replies (just can't wait to get my hands on it now - after 6
years of a basic Primera I'm looking forward to having a motor to care
about - instead something just to get from A to B)

IanT

Old March 7th 05, 11:34 PM
alfistagj

"Dombrek" > schreef in bericht