'67 wide rear wheel wells an option? pls pic me - blk.

Old December 20th 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
bent

Default '67 wide rear wheel wells an option? pls pic me - blk.

I was at a Corvette show at the Golden Mile parking lot at Pharmacy and
Eglinton in Toronto. It must have been around 2000. I saw a black C2
vette. Must have been a '67 if I remember correctly. The question I have
is about the rear wheel well flares. Normally that car had no noticeable
hips, there may be profile, even a minor flowing ridge. The car I saw had
nice hips - wide rear wheel well extensions. Not only was it the right
year. I think: (not the split window), 4 wheel disks, prob get a huge
motor, could have a carb if wanted, best general body style ever - it had
rear wheel well flares. I stumbled across a site somewhere that had
something about this being an option around these year. I have never seen
another one like it, either in person, or even a picture. Does anyone have
a clue what I am talking about? If you have a link to a pic pls share, even
if it is not black (which would be a real shame).

Old December 20th 06, 11:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"bent" > wrote in message
>I was at a Corvette show at the Golden Mile parking lot at Pharmacy and
>Eglinton in Toronto. It must have been around 2000. I saw a black C2 vette.
>Must have been a '67 if I remember correctly. The question I have is about the
>rear wheel well flares. Normally that car had no noticeable hips, there may be
>profile, even a minor flowing ridge. The car I saw had nice hips - wide rear
>wheel well extensions. Not only was it the right year. I think: (not the
>split window), 4 wheel disks, prob get a huge motor, could have a carb if
>wanted, best general body style ever - it had rear wheel well flares. I
>stumbled across a site somewhere that had something about this being an option
>around these year. I have never seen another one like it, either in person, or
>even a picture. Does anyone have a clue what I am talking about? If you have
>a link to a pic pls share, even if it is not black (which would be a real
>shame).

Not an option for the mid years, only aftermarket.

http://www.computersupport.ca/Restoration/Corvette.htm

One of your neighbors did it to his '67, and he did it right, the third picture
is from a cruse we went on. The yellow Corvette on the right is Six-Shooter that
works for GM at BG some times and the red C5 on the left is my neighbor
Bossvette. 502 CID and many septic sucking Rothchild horses.

Old December 21st 06, 01:24 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PDDeen

I believe the wheel flares you saw were the ones that were available
from GM to use for SCCA racing. The horizontal line of the body is
still there but it SWELLS the fender out for wide tires and rims. If I
remember corectly they were called ZL-1 fenders.

PDeen

Old December 21st 06, 09:12 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

Not an option.

Some are making wider rear fenders for the C2 midyears. This started a few
years back as part of vintage racing, where big buck weekend racers were
upset their big $$ midyears had smaller tires than the C3 Corvettes and were
slower on the track. SCCA in 1972 had equalized that with fender flares,
but vintage places like SVRA insist on stock fenders.

So enterprising (cheating) vintage racers developed wider fenders that
looked stock to the inspectors but gave them an extra inch or two and didn't
look like a flare.

Technically, this complies with the 1972 SCCA rules, however, most flares
do, but the vintage groups don't want the flares.

Strange thing is that everyone knows about them now, yet they still get
allowed.

Vintage racing, it is all about the dollars.

Old December 22nd 06, 12:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
bent

So, well the best motor ever 560hp L-88 was an option for the best body
ever, '67, but whats this about two (2) ZL-1 motor options built. Is that
even more sought after than the 1/4 mil L-88? Forgot, and I just read it,
this ZL-1 motor was an L-88, with an amulinum something or other?

Old December 22nd 06, 12:38 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
bent

ya, I know there was a ZR-1 with OH cams, can I get that in a black '67 with
wide rear wells, and oh ya, can you mid-mount it for me?

E39 - rubbing noise from NS rear wheel Jeremy[_1_] BMW 2 August 10th 06 08:55 PM
Rear Wheel Bearing Scott Hughes Mazda 4 June 7th 06 01:01 AM
Logitech G25 Wheel Information Michael Sisson Simulators 7 May 25th 06 01:42 PM
Are B5 rear wheel bearings a known problem area? Hi Ho Silver VW water cooled 11 November 4th 05 08:12 AM