Darn Tire Pressure sensors

Old December 19th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Perry Smith

Default Darn Tire Pressure sensors

Hi,

I have an '04 Liberty Limited Edition and the only complaint that I have are
with those @#!%$# radio transmittors in the valve stems (Tire Pressure
Monitoring Display) which are too sensitive to temperature change and
produce annoying alarms.

Definitely not for cold climates!

Old December 19th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Outatime[_2_]

Perry Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an '04 Liberty Limited Edition and the only complaint that I have are
> with those @#!%$# radio transmittors in the valve stems (Tire Pressure
> Monitoring Display) which are too sensitive to temperature change and
> produce annoying alarms.
>
> Definitely not for cold climates!

I have a solution for that which involves some manual labor, a pair of
pliers and a knife...
Old December 19th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Outatime wrote:
> Perry Smith wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an '04 Liberty Limited Edition and the only complaint that I have are
> > with those @#!%$# radio transmittors in the valve stems (Tire Pressure
> > Monitoring Display) which are too sensitive to temperature change and
> > produce annoying alarms.
> >
> > Definitely not for cold climates!

> I have a solution for that which involves some manual labor, a pair of
> pliers and a knife...

Does it also involve the engineer who came up with design?
--
Michael White "To protect people from the effects of folly is
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer

Old December 19th 06, 10:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Hootowl

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:48:39 -0500, "Matt Macchiarolo"
> wrote:

>I have 78% nitrogen in my tires.

I have 18% oxygen in mine! But, then, I always was a nonconformist...

Dan

>"FrankW" > wrote in message
. ..
>> I've mentioned this before and to some it's ludicrous.
>> I've got plain ol' air in my tires O.K.!!! :-)
>>
>> A lot of tire shops are now recommending putting nitrogen in
>> the tires instead of plain ol' air. Apparently the nitrogen
>> has a bigger molecule which leaks less and doesn't change pressure as much
>> from temperature as plain ol' air does.
>>
>> I've seen a brochure from a tire shop recommending the above but they
>> were charging 14 dollars for it ......LOL
>>

>> Mike Romain wrote:
>>> You know, our Cherokee insists on 'winter air' in it's tires come cold
>>> weather for some strange reason.
>>>
>>> Every winter, the 'summer air' or the old 'stale' last winter's air just
>>> lets itself out. We have to take it in to the tire shop and they have
>>> to let the air totally out, break down the tire and then clean it to be
>>> sure 'all' of it comes out and then fill it with new 'winter air'. At
>>> least they are under warranty for flats....
>>>
>>> Maybe his new one has the same type of tires and rims?
>>> ;-)
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00

Old December 19th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

What pressure are you trying to run?

In the WJ the Lo/Hi warnings come on at 25 and 45 psi.
http://www.wjjeeps.com/tpms.htm

oups.com...

Old December 19th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_3_]

Are you checking your spare tire too?

Old December 19th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Old December 19th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
FrankW

Old December 19th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Are you still buying that Metric Air from Canadian Tire?

You know that French stuff doesn't fit in American Tires quite right..

Old December 19th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Frank_v7.0

billy ray wrote:
> Are you still buying that Metric Air from Canadian Tire?
>
> You know that French stuff doesn't fit in American Tires quite right..
>

> "Mike Romain" > wrote in message
>> You know, our Cherokee insists on 'winter air' in it's tires come cold
>> weather for some strange reason.
>>
>> Every winter, the 'summer air' or the old 'stale' last winter's air just
>> lets itself out. We have to take it in to the tire shop and they have
>> to let the air totally out, break down the tire and then clean it to be
>> sure 'all' of it comes out and then fill it with new 'winter air'.
>>
>> At least they are under warranty for flats....
>>
>> Maybe his new one has the same type of tires and rims?
>> ;-)
>>
>> Mike
>> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
>> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
>> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
>> Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2115147590
>> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
>>
>> Kate wrote:
>>> Are you checking your spare tire too?

Yup, that metric air comes in decimals and just won't stay mixed with
that fractional air we get in the U.S.
--
FRH