No Start (Further Diag)

Old October 30th 09, 07:22 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Default No Start (Further Diag)

Got my factory service manuals out.....
GEEZE Could they make it any harder to find what you are looking for,
and how to diagnose it, bouncing between both books... arrgghh

OK Said to check for codes.
Got: CODE 41
Ignition Control (IC) Circuit (Open Circuit)
Flow Chart starts at Clear DTC
Crank for 15 seconds, Does code reset.

Now my first question is clearing codes:
Google has conflicting info.
Some say disconnect Neg Bat terminal for 10 seconds.
Others say disconnect Bat Cable AND turn on headlight switch
for 5 to 10 minutes.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old October 30th 09, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Message #4 in this thread
http://www.smokinvette.com/corvettef...ad.php?t=22986

Old October 30th 09, 08:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

After reading more in the CrAzY ass manual I stumbled onto the
"DTC section"
There is more than one code 41, depending on which "system" is being
displayed.

The actual code was H41.
Can someone help me with whether I'm in the right system..
There is also a CCM system 41 which is "Loss of PCM/ECM Serial Data
Communications"
Think I had it right the first time, but not sure.

Old October 30th 09, 09:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Thanks Bob, just what I needed.
Going to do the Service Manual Flow Chart Next with
Multimeter & Test Light.

Even at the end of the flow chart the final box states "open circuit OR
bad module"
Called Auto Zone and the guy said it couldn't be returned, 80 bucks.
uggh :-)

Old October 31st 09, 02:38 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Geeze, it took a solid hour and a half just to figure out what the "PCM"
was and how the connectors and connector pin numbers were determined.

Part of the Diagnostic Flow Chart is to check continuity of a certain
pin/wire
from the Ignition Control Module to a certain pin/wire on the "PCM".
NO PCM in the index or anything like it with the word "Power"
(I figured it very well could be an acronym for power or powertrain)
I always thought that computer above the battery was the CCM/ECM.
Nope.... I accidentally found a pic of it just flipping pages...

Those Service Manuals will make you want to kick your cat!! LOL

I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Old November 2nd 09, 11:30 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
kickstart

> > "Ric Seyler"
> >> Got my factory service manuals out.....

> --
> Ric Seyler

I know you said you can smell gas......
Did you try spraying starting fluid in the intake ?

it ran when you parked it,

kickstart

Computer diag on 89 riviera [email protected] Technology 2 April 6th 06 07:31 PM
Diag Trouble Codes - Changing Thresholds [email protected] Technology 27 December 14th 05 06:17 PM
Diag Sfotware Wayne Bryant VW water cooled 1 October 9th 05 04:49 PM
L1440 Diag Code Paul M Ford Explorer 3 January 30th 05 06:15 AM
Down and dirty 98 Jetta TDI electrical no start diag Tundra Wookie VW water cooled 1 January 17th 05 12:23 AM