335i computer service mileage changed

Old July 12th 08, 04:58 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
rocker2002

Default 335i computer service mileage changed

There's a 335i that was listing 15K as the first service checkup for the oil
change, but all of a sudden it jumped to 25K after hitting around 3K or so.
The service manager had said that it will jump all over the place, but it
sounds strange that it went to 25K.

Anyone else have this occurrence?

Old July 12th 08, 07:29 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:58:28 -0700, "rocker2002" >
wrote:

>There's a 335i that was listing 15K as the first service checkup for the oil
>change, but all of a sudden it jumped to 25K after hitting around 3K or so.
>The service manager had said that it will jump all over the place, but it
>sounds strange that it went to 25K.
>
>Anyone else have this occurrence?

Depends on how you are driving it. My 730 d went from 24 months - 19K miles
when I bought it with 3k on the clock as ex demo to 18months - 16K miles when I
started using it daily. When I stopped using it for the 6 weeks school hols in
the summer it went back to 22 months - 18k miles and back to 14 months etc until
it was serviced in Feb this year with 23k on the clock. then it said service 4
months - 8k and now its down to 1800 - 9 days but this is because the car is
nearly 2 years old and the brake fluid needs changing.

If you have iDrive then turn to OB Data and look for the car on a lift and check
what the score is on oil, brakes, etc.

--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

Intelligence is not knowing the answer but knowing where and how to find it!

Hugh Gundersen

Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK
Old July 15th 08, 04:12 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
rocker2002

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:58:28 -0700, "rocker2002"
> >
> wrote:
>
>>There's a 335i that was listing 15K as the first service checkup for the
>>oil
>>change, but all of a sudden it jumped to 25K after hitting around 3K or
>>so.
>>The service manager had said that it will jump all over the place, but it
>>sounds strange that it went to 25K.
>>
>>Anyone else have this occurrence?
>>

> Depends on how you are driving it. My 730 d went from 24 months - 19K
> miles
> when I bought it with 3k on the clock as ex demo to 18months - 16K miles
> when I
> started using it daily. When I stopped using it for the 6 weeks school
> hols in
> the summer it went back to 22 months - 18k miles and back to 14 months etc
> until
> it was serviced in Feb this year with 23k on the clock. then it said
> service 4
> months - 8k and now its down to 1800 - 9 days but this is because the car
> is
> nearly 2 years old and the brake fluid needs changing.
>
> If you have iDrive then turn to OB Data and look for the car on a lift and
> check
> what the score is on oil, brakes, etc.
>
> --
>
> Sir Hugh of Bognor
>
> The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.
>
> Intelligence is not knowing the answer but knowing where and how to find
> it!
>
> Hugh Gundersen
>
> Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK

Thanks. Though my iDrive actually matches what is displaying on my front
panel. At least for the next (first) service change. I think they're
linked together somehow. So I guess it sounds like it's known to go up and
down. I guess when I get close to 15K I'll see if I can get bmw to service
if it still says 20K.