99 c-5 vette heater core ,leakage etc

Old March 4th 07, 09:13 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tugboat

Default 99 c-5 vette heater core ,leakage etc

please help,i own a 99 corvette and am getting water on pass area foot
area, it doesn,t smell like anti-freeze? thinking heater core? doesn,t
appear to be losing water in coolant system, still putting out
heat,its more like straight water, could it be associated with a/c
system, one thing weird is as long as ive had car when heater fan is
cranked all the way up dual climate system,i can hear fan cranked up
but not much air blowing out defrost or vents, but has allways kept
car heated and or cooled, i think water is 1st problem and air output
another,if i had hole in heater core would,t it smell like anti-
freeze any input, would help thanks ken

Old March 4th 07, 09:37 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"tugboat" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> please help,i own a 99 corvette and am getting water on pass area foot
> area, it doesn,t smell like anti-freeze? thinking heater core? doesn,t
> appear to be losing water in coolant system, still putting out
> heat,its more like straight water, could it be associated with a/c
> system, one thing weird is as long as ive had car when heater fan is
> cranked all the way up dual climate system,i can hear fan cranked up
> but not much air blowing out defrost or vents, but has allways kept
> car heated and or cooled, i think water is 1st problem and air output
> another,if i had hole in heater core would,t it smell like anti-
> freeze any input, would help thanks ken

therubberdraintubesinthecowelarepluggedyourheaterw ouldleakanti-freezeifthecorewasleakingyourewelcome

Old March 4th 07, 10:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Dad" > wrote in message

> "tugboat" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> please help,i own a 99 corvette and am getting water on pass area foot
>> area, it doesn,t smell like anti-freeze? thinking heater core? doesn,t
>> appear to be losing water in coolant system, still putting out
>> heat,its more like straight water, could it be associated with a/c
>> system, one thing weird is as long as ive had car when heater fan is
>> cranked all the way up dual climate system,i can hear fan cranked up
>> but not much air blowing out defrost or vents, but has allways kept
>> car heated and or cooled, i think water is 1st problem and air output
>> another,if i had hole in heater core would,t it smell like anti-
>> freeze any input, would help thanks ken
>>

> therubberdraintubesinthecowelarepluggedyourheaterw ouldleakanti-freezeifthecorewasleakingyourewelcome

LOL!

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old March 11th 07, 11:06 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
DANNY OZIMY

Had same problem on a surper charged gtp grand prix, which i still own, all
the exact same symptoms, but it was only doing that when it had rained,
water was running down from outside where the wipers are, and somehow
leaked inside the car, it ran down behind carpet and filled up the
passangers side under the floormat, no wetness was anywhere above under the
matt, but soaked under the matt, if your problem usually happends after
rains, this is it, a seal leak, bad, old , cracked, just replace all seals
if you can get to them,,,,,,,,,if this isn't the problem, the only other
thing that it could be, is the leaking heater core, yes, you will smell
antifreeze, if you dont, then its the problem listed above, there is no
other water, "anywhere" , that can get inside car other than heater core or
rain leaking in, let me know if you get it fixed, good luck.l
Vetteman1999

"tugboat" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> please help,i own a 99 corvette and am getting water on pass area foot
> area, it doesn,t smell like anti-freeze? thinking heater core? doesn,t
> appear to be losing water in coolant system, still putting out
> heat,its more like straight water, could it be associated with a/c
> system, one thing weird is as long as ive had car when heater fan is
> cranked all the way up dual climate system,i can hear fan cranked up
> but not much air blowing out defrost or vents, but has allways kept
> car heated and or cooled, i think water is 1st problem and air output
> another,if i had hole in heater core would,t it smell like anti-
> freeze any input, would help thanks ken

Heater core -Al or Cu? Jon C Technology 6 January 23rd 06 05:32 PM
Heater core Zog The Undeniable Mazda 1 September 24th 05 08:05 PM
Heater Core In 89 Fox Kevin VW water cooled 1 April 8th 05 04:06 AM
84 / heater core / HELP! ''Key Corvette 12 December 12th 04 08:31 AM