How difficult to change thermostat in 94 525???

Old July 14th 08, 04:41 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
bobmct[_2_]

Default How difficult to change thermostat in 94 525???

Hello all:

I am reasonably adept at mechanics and have performed routine
maintenance on a number of my vehicles over the years. However, for
my own prior 4 Bimmers I always used professional services.

Someone asked me to replace the thermostat in their 94 525 and I need
to know if its reasonably doable? Other than draining the coolant and
using sealer when reassembling, are there any "tricks" to performing
this feat?

Thanks in advance all.
Old July 14th 08, 02:35 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Scott Dorsey

bobmct > wrote:
>Hello all:
>
>I am reasonably adept at mechanics and have performed routine
>maintenance on a number of my vehicles over the years. However, for
>my own prior 4 Bimmers I always used professional services.
>
>Someone asked me to replace the thermostat in their 94 525 and I need
>to know if its reasonably doable? Other than draining the coolant and
>using sealer when reassembling, are there any "tricks" to performing
>this feat?

You don't need to drain the coolant and you don't need to use sealer;
the tolerances on the thing are so tight they lock together without any
need for it. The whole job should take less than ten minutes.
--scott

HOW DO YOU CHANGE A THERMOSTAT ON A 1997 528I BMW jennifer BMW 10 November 2nd 06 11:16 PM
525 TDS difficult to start Nick BMW 10 November 24th 05 10:41 PM
until Annie kicks the drapers truly, Alexandra won't change any difficult stores Selma Technology 0 January 17th 05 10:51 AM