A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Ford Mustang
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old May 2nd 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?


"Larry" > wrote:
>I get 25 mpg (US gallons) on the highway in my 06 GT 5spd, 20mpg around town
> with a little highway.
> Larry


I get 20/28 with my '03 GT auto. The funny thing is...if I'm cruising down the
freeway in overdrive I get better gas mileage at 80mph than I do at 60mph.


(*>


Ads
  #12  
Old May 2nd 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?

"Hawk" > wrote:

>
> "Larry" > wrote:
>>I get 25 mpg (US gallons) on the highway in my 06 GT 5spd, 20mpg
>>around town
>> with a little highway.
>> Larry

>
> I get 20/28 with my '03 GT auto. The funny thing is...if I'm cruising
> down the freeway in overdrive I get better gas mileage at 80mph than I
> do at 60mph.


Hope it's enough diff to help pay the ticket!!


Sounds like you need more gearing..!

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  #13  
Old May 2nd 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?


"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote:

> "Hawk" > wrote:
>>
>> "Larry" > wrote:
>>>I get 25 mpg (US gallons) on the highway in my 06 GT 5spd, 20mpg
>>>around town
>>> with a little highway.
>>> Larry

>>
>> I get 20/28 with my '03 GT auto. The funny thing is...if I'm cruising
>> down the freeway in overdrive I get better gas mileage at 80mph than I
>> do at 60mph.

>
> Hope it's enough diff to help pay the ticket!!
>
>
> Sounds like you need more gearing..!
>



Yeah...the engine is practically lugging @ 60 when it's in OD. When the speed
limit is 75, I'm not taking much of a chance of getting any tickets. =D


(*>


  #14  
Old May 2nd 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?


"Larry" > wrote in message
...
:I get 25 mpg (US gallons) on the highway in my 06 GT 5spd, 20mpg around
town
: with a little highway.
: Larry

Well *I* get between 14-16 but I'm pushing 4:10s on each end and can climb
mountains and rocks and swim through mud.
;D
Kate
06 Rubicon


  #15  
Old May 2nd 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?


"Joe" > wrote
: >
: > My Rubicon is a 6 banger and only gets 14-16 mpg. Much less than my 98
: > Cobra got.
:
: That's about what my 360 Dak gets, but at least it's got a 3.92 rear.
:
: > Kate
: >
: >:
: >: Thanks
: >:
: >:
: >: Bill (A young at heart old fart)
: >
: > Kate
: > (Loves old farts - has one of her own)
:
: BTW, I'm an old fart too.
:
: Joe
: Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
: Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

Yup yup yup... love em I do... lub lub em till you lub all their fur off.



  #16  
Old May 3rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?

On Tue, 2 May 2006 10:31:14 -0500, "Kate"
(please ask)> wrote:

>
>"Joe" > wrote
>: >


>Yup yup yup... love em I do... lub lub em till you lub all their fur off.
>
>

YIKES !!!! If you lub em till the fur's all gone, you gotta be
careful with the tint LOL Hmmmmm watch out for sunshine, Sunshine
!!!
  #17  
Old May 3rd 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?



"J. Michael Gilker" > wrote in message
...
> When I got my GT convert in '03, Ford was including the tonneau for free
> and recommended it be used for long distance travel with the top down.
> After that car got totaled by a Jeep Liberty, I ordered an exact same
> configuration in an '04 at which time I was told that Ford wanted $$$
> for it as an optional accessory. Funny how a shrinking profit margin
> turns "free and recommended" items into costly "optional accessories"!
> Needless to say, I kept mine from the '03, but have never used it. I'm
> much happier with the windscreen that I bought.


Mike, where did you get the windscreen and how does it mount? Can the top be
raised with it in place?

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red



  #18  
Old May 3rd 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?

The windstop is a FORD accessory (2R3Z*76539A18*AA). When I got mine 2
years ago it listed for ~$277. I did find generic windstops online for
less but with my Mustang Club discount, it brought the price down to be
cheaper than the generics. Installation was simple, just unscrew 4
screws connecting the rear seat to the fabric cover, insert 2 brackets,
and then screw in the screws. The front connectors slide in under the
front seat belt housings and are tied down with an adjustable strap.
With the brackets installed it takes less than 1 minute to
install/remove the windstop (the top has to be down for that).

Yes, the top can be raised and lowered with the windstop in place with
plenty of clearance. Additionally, the windstop is hinged so that it can
be lowered to allow a clear view through the rear window without having
to look through the mesh.



Richard wrote:
>
> "J. Michael Gilker" > wrote in message
> ...
> > When I got my GT convert in '03, Ford was including the tonneau for free
> > and recommended it be used for long distance travel with the top down.
> > After that car got totaled by a Jeep Liberty, I ordered an exact same
> > configuration in an '04 at which time I was told that Ford wanted $$$
> > for it as an optional accessory. Funny how a shrinking profit margin
> > turns "free and recommended" items into costly "optional accessories"!
> > Needless to say, I kept mine from the '03, but have never used it. I'm
> > much happier with the windscreen that I bought.

>
> Mike, where did you get the windscreen and how does it mount? Can the top be
> raised with it in place?
>
> --
> Richard
>
> '94 GT 'vert
> Under Drive Pulleys
> Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
> High Stall Torque Converter
> 4:10 Gears
> Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
> FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
> FRPP M5400-A Suspension
> Laser Red

  #19  
Old May 6th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?


> wrote in message
...
: On Tue, 2 May 2006 10:31:14 -0500, "Kate"
: (please ask)> wrote:
:
: >
: >"Joe" > wrote
: >: >
:
: >Yup yup yup... love em I do... lub lub em till you lub all their fur off.
: >
: >
: YIKES !!!! If you lub em till the fur's all gone, you gotta be
: careful with the tint LOL Hmmmmm watch out for sunshine, Sunshine
: !!!


;D

K.


  #20  
Old May 7th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?

at 01 May 2006, karinhall ] wrote in
:


> 31 mpg (Imperial gallons) is 24.8 mpg U.S. gallons


Mine has 1200 miles on it and I am lucky to get 20MPG. But then again, I
don't cruise at 70MPh which may have a lot to do with it. I'm sure I can
get better number if I do a similar run, but my commute is only like 8
miles highway (at 85/80 MPH) and 3 miles top&go traffic.

--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)
http://mustang.fdns.net
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2006 mustang convertible Lynn McGuire Ford Mustang 6 November 13th 05 12:44 PM
New Mustang Sales Are KICKING!! [email protected] Ford Mustang 3 June 29th 05 01:58 AM
FORD TO INCREASE MUSTANG PRODUCTION TO MEET RUNAWAY CONSUMER DEMAND Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 1 March 24th 05 12:08 AM
Mustang Returns to Sports Car Racing Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 0 January 29th 05 06:39 PM
21st Century Goat vs Mustang Shootout [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 January 15th 05 07:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AutoBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.