Replace Tice pressure sensors 2002 c5

Old May 22nd 14, 11:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Replace Tice pressure sensors 2002 c5

Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure sensors in palm beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each
any help or alternative

Thank you in advance

Ev

Old May 23rd 14, 03:19 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Thank you Dad its been a long time since we have spoke about 3 years! I hope this finds you and yours doing well. I could always count on you for great advise

Best Regards
Evan
2002 Coupe Magnetic Red "Maggie"

Old May 23rd 14, 07:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Blue C5[_2_]

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:15:18 PM UTC-4, Ev wrote:
> Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure
> sensors in palm beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each

That's a good price.

Corvette Forum has an article on how to replace the battery in the transponder. Essentially you dig it out, solder in a new one, and fill the hole with epoxy. That will cost you $3 per wheel.

The hard part is that the tire needs to come off and be put back on. I don't have the equipment.

Bob, Charlottesville

Old May 23rd 14, 08:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

"Blue C5" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:15:18 PM UTC-4, Ev wrote:
>> Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure
>> sensors in palm beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each
>>

> That's a good price.
>
> Corvette Forum has an article on how to replace the battery in the
> transponder. Essentially you dig it out, solder in a new one, and
> fill the hole with epoxy. That will cost you $3 per wheel.
>
> The hard part is that the tire needs to come off and be put back on.
> I don't have the equipment.
>
> Bob, Charlottesville

Tire does not need to be removed from the rim, remove the valve core,
break the bead, attach a lanyard valve stem cable and drop the sensor
into the tire, pull it out where you broke the bead and replace with
your new sensor, pull it back into place and replace the nut. Even at
my advanced age I can do a set of 4 in less than an hour. The reworked
sensor only works for some of the model years, check it out before you
invest much time for an old versus new sensor.

Old May 24th 14, 12:07 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Blue C5" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:15:18 PM UTC-4, Ev wrote:
>> Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure
>> sensors in palm beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each
>>

> That's a good price.
>
> Corvette Forum has an article on how to replace the battery in the
> transponder. Essentially you dig it out, solder in a new one, and fill the
> hole with epoxy. That will cost you $3 per wheel.
>
> The hard part is that the tire needs to come off and be put back on. I
> don't have the equipment.
>
> Bob, Charlottesville

Tire does not need to be removed from the rim, remove the valve core,
break the bead, attach a lanyard valve stem cable and drop the sensor
into the tire, pull it out where you broke the bead and replace with
your new sensor, pull it back into place and replace the nut. Even at
my advanced age I can do a set of 4 in less than an hour. The reworked
sensor only works for some of the model years, check it out before you
invest much time for an old versus new sensor.

I concur I have had friends just replace the battery only and got just a
couple of years out of it doesn't seem worth it for the effort

Old May 24th 14, 12:49 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Hey Dad just ordered 4 from Rock Auto online with shipping 178.62 compared
to Chevy or Ecklers 339.16 I just save 160 dollars! Thanks Dad Well Done!!!!

Evan

Old May 24th 14, 04:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

Oh crap, I could have done better, they have 5% discount by using
number 2233643020378942 in the "How did you hear about us" slot. Email
them and give it a try, they are understanding.

Old June 2nd 14, 01:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

<Ev> wrote in message ...
> Hey Dad just ordered 4 from Rock Auto online with shipping 178.62 compared
> to Chevy or Ecklers 339.16 I just save 160 dollars! Thanks Dad Well
> Done!!!!
>
> Evan

Well, Rock Auto sponsors "Car Talk" and that should be recommendation enough
for anybody.

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

pressure sensors Jan E. Audi 0 June 29th 09 09:05 AM
Tire Pressure Sensors Blue C5 Corvette 7 June 5th 09 10:36 AM
Tire pressure sensors? Paul Dhuse Audi 4 April 5th 09 03:48 AM
Darn Tire Pressure sensors Perry Smith Jeep 36 December 23rd 06 09:26 AM
$300 to replace both oxegen sensors [email protected] Honda 16 February 18th 06 07:38 AM