'88 Audi 90 dash illumination

Old September 24th 04, 04:28 PM
Sune Stjerneby

Default '88 Audi 90 dash illumination

Would it be normal for the digital clock inside the tachometer
to be illuminated?

The tachometer itself is, though slightly dimmer in the redline
area.

Wondering if a bulb's gone or if it even exists.

Haynes doesn't detail this in their type 89 workshop book, other
than mentioning the LCD clock as an option.

--
Sune Stjerneby >
Old September 25th 04, 12:05 AM
Gary Murison

Hi Sune,

I had a 1992, 90 a while back, and everything was illuminated on the dash.
Sounds like one or more of your bulbs have blown. Sorry I can't recall how
to take the instrument panel out on this car, but you should get that from
your Haynes Manual.

Good luck,

Gary

Old September 25th 04, 12:33 PM
news.blueyonder.co.uk

the clock illuminates when the ignition is on, and dims using a second bulb
when the lights are on, the rev counter should illuminate evenly if not a
bulb is blown, simply take the steering wheel off , and take out the display
two philips screws at the top once it is out and unhinge it , you will see
the bulbs, good luck

www.audicd.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Old September 27th 04, 10:45 PM
Sune Stjerneby

news.blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
> the clock illuminates when the ignition is on, and dims using a second bulb
> when the lights are on, the rev counter should illuminate evenly if not a
> bulb is blown, simply take the steering wheel off , and take out the display
> two philips screws at the top once it is out and unhinge it , you will see
> the bulbs, good luck

Thanks, this did the trick.

Couldn't get the wheel off (horn pad seemed very intent on staying in place)
but I managed to get at the panel by removing the shroud in between.

( results: http://moof.dk/90/newbulbs.jpg )

--
Sune Stjerneby >

1998 Audi A6 electrical problem T-Bone Audi 3 September 22nd 04 03:21 PM
Will '96 Audi A6 A/C condensor fit in a '93 Audi 90-S? Ardo Audi 2 July 29th 04 02:17 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 July 27th 04 04:08 PM
Audi A6 Sunroof Stephen Gray Audi 2 June 29th 04 09:04 AM