More Infor on BioDiesel

Old May 25th 04, 07:16 AM
R. Asby Dragon

"The Independent" > wrote in message

> I understand that bunker C was one step above the stuff we put on

the
> roads.

Yup; but heat the tanks to 145 deg F and it flows well/burns well .

Old May 25th 04, 07:30 AM
R. Asby Dragon

"Steve Firth" >

> Six billion of us moving to Iceland is probably more feasible.

As if they'd go for that ....................

Old May 25th 04, 07:30 AM
R. Asby Dragon

Old June 14th 04, 06:49 AM
fanie

What is the long term implications of using biodiesel in a vehicle.

As discussed in post below, in South Africa we have very poor (high sulphur
content) diesel. Would the biodiesel be any better or worse?

Are we talking, process of old macdonalds cooking oil or extraction from
sunflowers or something?

What is the current and envisaged availability of biodiesel.

Regards

Stephen

Old June 14th 04, 06:49 AM
fanie

Old June 30th 04, 03:58 AM
Ted Azito

"fanie" > wrote in message >...
> What is the long term implications of using biodiesel in a vehicle.
>
> As discussed in post below, in South Africa we have very poor (high sulphur
> content) diesel. Would the biodiesel be any better or worse?
>
> Are we talking, process of old macdonalds cooking oil or extraction from
> sunflowers or something?
>
> What is the current and envisaged availability of biodiesel.

Amazon.com has a good book on the process.

Essentially you take burger grease and add sodium methoxide, heat,
and agitate and get food bits, glycerine, and biodiesel.

Long term effects? Seals in diesel injection pumps are made to handle
petroleum based fluids, not vegetable fluids. Given long enough it may
attack seals. It comes down to try it and find out.
Old June 30th 04, 03:58 AM
Ted Azito