.8 Gs, why not?

Old February 2nd 06, 11:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default .8 Gs, why not?

Coming home about 2 miles I didn't fasten my seat belt just to be a
maverick. There are 2, 90 degree turns that drew a .8 on the G meter
in the first one and a very loud seat belt chime and the active
handling came on.

Question to anyone that has driven without seat belts long enough to
get a warning of any kind. Was it triggered by distance, time, G
force, or just because there was a maverick at the wheel?

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old February 3rd 06, 01:14 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:53:05 -0700, Dad > wrote:

> Coming home about 2 miles I didn't fasten my seat belt just to be a
> maverick. There are 2, 90 degree turns that drew a .8 on the G meter
> in the first one and a very loud seat belt chime and the active
> handling came on.
>
> Question to anyone that has driven without seat belts long enough to
> get a warning of any kind. Was it triggered by distance, time, G
> force, or just because there was a maverick at the wheel?

Maybe it's the same problem that afflicts traction control & ABS at about
0.8g.

Old February 3rd 06, 01:31 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

.. Dad wrote:

>Question to anyone that has driven >without seat belts long enough to
>get a warning of any kind.

No. I got pulled over by the cops and he just handed me the ticket.

LOL

Old February 3rd 06, 01:55 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Rufio" > wrote in message
newsp.s4dhp8e16x1zv6@daves-m520...
> On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:53:05 -0700, Dad > wrote:
>
>> Coming home about 2 miles I didn't fasten my seat belt just to be a
>> maverick. There are 2, 90 degree turns that drew a .8 on the G
>> meter
>> in the first one and a very loud seat belt chime and the active
>> handling came on.
>>
>> Question to anyone that has driven without seat belts long enough
>> get a warning of any kind. Was it triggered by distance, time, G
>> force, or just because there was a maverick at the wheel?

> Maybe it's the same problem that afflicts traction control & ABS at
> about 0.8g.

Didn't have a problem with ABS just the normal "Active Handling"
message that is supposed to come on and the chime. Is the problem you
are speaking of always at about .8 Gs?

Old February 3rd 06, 02:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 18:53:05 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:

>Coming home about 2 miles I didn't fasten my seat belt just to be a
>maverick. There are 2, 90 degree turns that drew a .8 on the G meter
>in the first one and a very loud seat belt chime and the active
>handling came on.
>
>Question to anyone that has driven without seat belts long enough to
>get a warning of any kind. Was it triggered by distance, time, G
>force, or just because there was a maverick at the wheel?

After you drive a few minutes without a seat belt, you get a chime
tone -- four time I think. It may get repeated after a while, but I've
never driven more than a mile or so without a seat belt.
Old February 4th 06, 12:27 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Try it a few more times. Validate.

Old February 9th 06, 02:47 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Maybe pulling all those Gs caused you to hallucinate.

John
Old February 9th 06, 05:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

John Shepardson wrote:
> Maybe pulling all those Gs caused you to hallucinate.
>
> John

OK, but we don't know which way he was turning and whether Dad's left
brained or right brained or.... Let's not go there!

--
…PJ
’89 HookerCar, ’02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe
Old February 9th 06, 03:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"John Shepardson" > wrote in message
> Maybe pulling all those Gs caused you to hallucinate.
>
> John

Actually .8 Gs is not hard to pull, just hard to read the HUD when
you're busy doing something else. It's easy to pull .6 on a sweeping
entry ramp at less than full throttle and the .8 was on a 90 degree
corner. I have pulled more then that without hallucinating but had the
help of a flight suit in an F16D. Being weightless bothered me more
but was able to avoid any FOD in my oxygen system.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old February 9th 06, 06:46 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

LOL There is no way to really tell!
He's always finding himself with vision going grayscale in the periphery
and then going into tunnelvision. It's called, him watching high school
cheerleaders practice down the street! :-)

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler