New MSD Optispark

Old February 2nd 06, 10:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default New MSD Optispark

Just found out that MSD has a new design Optispark for the 1992-94 non
vented Optispark cars..the new unit is a direct replacement and is
VENTED....should be available in a couple of weeks...List about $712...but
selling currently for $499.also is supposed to be super hi performance
design..includes cap and rotor + all installation hardware.and vent
tubing.....also has adjustable timing for those that need it..

Old February 2nd 06, 10:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

The redesigned Optispark has been out for years.

ink.net...

Old February 2nd 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Google up "Dyna-Tech"
"Dynaspark"

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old February 3rd 06, 02:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

When the one on my '94 Firebird grenaded, I replaced the distributor
with a 94 unit and used a vented cap from a newer model. The vented
cap plumbed into the airbox behind the air filter. Then I drilled a
hole and JB-Welded a vacuum hose pipe into the distributor housing.
The other end plugged into manifold vacuum. This kept a stream of
clean dry air flowing through the unit at all times. Just in case, I
sealed every joint with permatex. Cost about $300 total.

Of course, my '91 Corvette has the distributor on top of the engine
where it's supposed to be.

-rev

Old February 3rd 06, 03:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"The Reverend Natural Light" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Of course, my '91 Corvette has the distributor on top of the engine
> where it's supposed to be.

ROFL!

I had a Vega long ago (go ahead, laugh) that had some of Chevy's finest
engineering. The alternator was mounted low and was flooded every time you
hit a big puddle. You hit water, the gauge would swing over to discharge,
and then after a few minutes it would dry and go on. Obviously, an
alternator was not designed to run underwater, so eventually, it would die.

It was a common problem, and the Chevy guys who put it there were obviously
retired by the time the new guys put the Optispark down there like that.

Stupidity, it runs in circles.

Old February 3rd 06, 08:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Tom in Missouri wrote:
> "The Reverend Natural Light" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Of course, my '91 Corvette has the distributor on top of the engine
>> where it's supposed to be.

> ROFL!
>
> I had a Vega long ago (go ahead, laugh) that had some of Chevy's finest
> engineering. The alternator was mounted low and was flooded every time you
> hit a big puddle. You hit water, the gauge would swing over to discharge,
> and then after a few minutes it would dry and go on. Obviously, an
> alternator was not designed to run underwater, so eventually, it would die.
>
> It was a common problem, and the Chevy guys who put it there were obviously
> retired by the time the new guys put the Optispark down there like that.
>
> Stupidity, it runs in circles.

Microsoft does it too -- they call it "innovation."

--
…PJ
’89 HookerCar, ’02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe
Old February 4th 06, 09:24 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:29:54 GMT, "Tom in Missouri" >
wrote:

>"The Reverend Natural Light" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> Of course, my '91 Corvette has the distributor on top of the engine
>> where it's supposed to be.

>ROFL!
>
>I had a Vega long ago (go ahead, laugh) that had some of Chevy's finest
>engineering. The alternator was mounted low and was flooded every time you
>hit a big puddle. You hit water, the gauge would swing over to discharge,
>and then after a few minutes it would dry and go on. Obviously, an
>alternator was not designed to run underwater, so eventually, it would die.
>
>It was a common problem, and the Chevy guys who put it there were obviously
>retired by the time the new guys put the Optispark down there like that.
>
>Stupidity, it runs in circles.

====================
My Neighbor retired 2 years ago after 30 some odd years from GM
AND he always bitched about how they ( The engeneering boys)
were handed the car fron the "Styling Department) were told to "fit
everything inside"......He is a "car" guy and works on his own cars

But he understood why GM sometimes "stuffed" something in the
most Gawd Awful Places...never stopped him from useing soe colorful
words however.

Bob G.

..
Old February 4th 06, 10:19 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I have a friend who is a retired Chevy test engineer. He said the only
difference between him and me when working on these cars is that he cusses
them by name.

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:29:54 GMT, "Tom in Missouri" >
> wrote:

groups.com...

Old February 6th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

LOLOLOLOL