Stupid question: what's the difference between Sahara package....

Old December 28th 05, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Stupid question: what's the difference between Sahara package....

and Sport (which uses the same engine)? I know that Sahara's come
with the speakers mounted in the roll bar, which I don't particulary
care about. They seem to have the same alloy wheels and the same
fenders. Are there differences in trim or in seats that would explain
the price difference? Thanks in advance for any info!
Old December 28th 05, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Might try building one of each, via:
http://www-5.jeep.com/vehsuite/ModelSelector.jsp
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 28th 05, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

sahara is mostly a trim package. different seats, different flares, different
options - it has all the bells and whistles.

Old December 28th 05, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Can't use that URL since Sahara's were discontinued in 2004

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:58:01 -0800, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 28th 05, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I have a 2004 Sahara came with cruse control, painted flairs to match body,
nerf steps, 7 speaker CD system, nice seats, compos/temperature/self dimming
review mirror, sunshade dark rear and side windows on soft top, full metal
doors, 30x15 inch tires, and leather steering wheel.

Coasty

Old December 28th 05, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

the UK variant didn't come with cruise control, compos/temperature/self
dimming
review mirror, any form of soft top,30x15 inch tires or 7 speaker CD system.
Or aircon either, not that we need it here.

:-)

but it did come with a D44, and the cruise control lhd kit fits rhd vehicles
easily.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Old December 28th 05, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Old December 28th 05, 09:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Dave,
It is hard to find any vehicle sold in the states w/o AC there are some but
they are like hens teeth. The other thing that is difficult to find any
more are vehicles with manual windows, Wranglers are one of the few.

Coasty

. uk...

Old December 28th 05, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I like wind up windows - my arm can wind them down faster than the motor
can, and it hasn't burnt out (yet) !
Also manually ajustable mirrors - since I don't let anyone else drive my
Jeep, the mirrors never need adjusting.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Old December 28th 05, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

That is a good one, I agree my arm has never burned out either and ditto on
the mirrors. If the manufacturers would go back to basics and or the
consumer vehicles would not be so costly.

Coasty

"Dave Milne" > wrote in message
. uk...
>I like wind up windows - my arm can wind them down faster than the motor
> can, and it hasn't burnt out (yet) !
> Also manually ajustable mirrors - since I don't let anyone else drive my
> Jeep, the mirrors never need adjusting.
>
> Dave Milne, Scotland
>
> "Coasty" > wrote in message
>> Dave,
>> It is hard to find any vehicle sold in the states w/o AC there are some

> but
>> they are like hens teeth. The other thing that is difficult to find any
>> more are vehicles with manual windows, Wranglers are one of the few.
>>
>> Coasty
>>
>> "Dave Milne" > wrote in message
>> . uk...
>> > the UK variant didn't come with cruise control, compos/temperature/self
>> > dimming
>> > review mirror, any form of soft top,30x15 inch tires or 7 speaker CD
>> > system.
>> > Or aircon either, not that we need it here.
>> >
>> > :-)
>> >
>> > but it did come with a D44, and the cruise control lhd kit fits rhd
>> > vehicles
>> > easily.
>> >
>> > Dave Milne, Scotland

>> > body,
>> > dimming

> explain

Used 330i with Performance Package vs. Sport Package GRL BMW 9 November 21st 04 09:22 PM
Stupid Question BxP9 Saturn 1 September 4th 04 02:00 PM
stupid question R.Reppy Dodge 6 June 14th 04 09:39 PM