Some miserable SOB got my gas again!

Old June 6th 05, 06:14 PM
Mike Romain

Default Some miserable SOB got my gas again!

Damn it, this is the 3rd or 4th time this year I have only had enough
gas left in the tank to start it and back out of the driveway when it up
and dies.

That fast spin up after die that means no gas.

I know I had over 50 liters in it this time, the first couple times I
thought I missed my odometer tag by a hundred miles or something. This
time for sure it had gas yesterday.

Time for a locking gas cap. This neighborhood used to be a nice safe
one too. Now it is all high rises. Time to move.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Old June 6th 05, 06:42 PM
Professor

Well... with gas prices what they are... I think locking caps will be
back in style... like in the mid 70's.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old June 6th 05, 06:54 PM
Paul Calman

We had a crankster without a car siphoning gas for his 3 wheeler around
here. I left a plastic can out, with a half gallon of gas and about 2 Oz of
battery acid in the bottom. The can disappeared, and we never saw the honda
again. Funny what sulfuric acid does to zinc.

One of my friends has a 70s Chevy truck with locking cap. He went to fill it
up and found out some punk had cut the filler hose inside the fender well to
siphon it.

--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Old June 6th 05, 06:55 PM
Mike Romain

Yup, I just paid 99 cents a liter for more.....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old June 6th 05, 07:09 PM
FrankW

Wow I never heard of that trick!

Years ago some one told me of a trick.
Which was to put a stretched out condom
into the gas tank. Apparently it would
eventually block the gas intake which
then the car would quit. After a few minutes
(After it started to float away from the intake)
it would start again only to become clogged
and quit again.
As I never tied it. (A dirty trick to play on your enemies) I don't know
if it actually does it.
Maybe something for mythbusters.

Old June 6th 05, 08:20 PM
Dave

Reminds me of a story I heard about a friend of a friend.. Someone kept
stealing the radio out of his van, even with his alarm.. The criminal
would simply grab ahold of the rear of the unit, and rip it out in a
downward motion. On the 3rd install of radios, he attached some razor
blades to the back of the unit. A couple nights later, he awoke the
alarm yet again, but when he went out to the van, he still had a
radio.. and a very bloody van to clean up.

The other benefit to this type of security would be that he could
probably call local hospitals and ask for the guy who had recently been
admitted for severe hand wounds.

Old June 6th 05, 08:34 PM
Steve Foley

I know someone who did this too. A few days after finding blood and flesh in
his car, he found all his windows smashed, body panels dented and tires
slashed.

oups.com...

Old June 6th 05, 08:48 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Same here, I just wish they'd learn to tighten the cap so it won't
throw the light. At least nothing may be siphoned from my Bronco's
thirty six gallon tank below half.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 6th 05, 08:56 PM
Mike Romain

They can empty me. I have enough to start her and move about 20 feet.

Mike

Old June 6th 05, 10:07 PM
Coasty

Another trick is to mix the gas with some diesel 75% diesel to 25% gas it is
a hoot when the engine smokes looks like a sketer fogger and they have to
pay big bucks to get the repairs done.

Also, put 1 gallon of acetone to 4 gallons of gas and it has the opposite
affect eats every rubber gasket from the fuel system to the intake manifold.

I am not evil I just get even

--
Coasty
Semper Paratus