1997 with blinking coolant light

Old July 3rd 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Dano[_3_]

Default 1997 with blinking coolant light

I have a 1997 Saturn SC with coolant light that blink intermittently.
Sometime it is some what rapid, other times the will stay off for
several minutes and then start slowly blinking. Coolant lever is
correct and the gauge never reads much higher that the first white
mark. Any ideas?

Old July 3rd 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Lane

Most obvious thing would be the coolant level sensor. But before you
replace any parts based on guesses, have the stored codes read. Autozone
will do it for no charge.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

ps.com...

Old July 3rd 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Dano[_3_]

On Jul 3, 1:43 pm, "Lane" > wrote:
> Most obvious thing would be the coolant level sensor. But before you
> replace any parts based on guesses, have the stored codes read. Autozone
> will do it for no charge.
>
> Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
> ---
> Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page athttp://www.evilplastic.com
>
> "Dano" > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>
> >I have a 1997 Saturn SC with coolant light that blink intermittently.
> > Sometime it is some what rapid, other times the will stay off for
> > several minutes and then start slowly blinking. Coolant lever is
> > correct and the gauge never reads much higher that the first white
> > mark. Any ideas?

Thanks for the quick response. I will have that done today and post
the results later.

Thanks again.

Dano

Old July 3rd 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Dano[_3_]

On Jul 3, 1:52 pm, Dano > wrote:
> On Jul 3, 1:43 pm, "Lane" > wrote:
>

> > Most obvious thing would be the coolant level sensor. But before you
> > replace any parts based on guesses, have the stored codes read. Autozone
> > will do it for no charge.

> > Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
> > ---
> > Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page athttp://www.evilplastic.com

> > "Dano" > wrote in message

> ups.com...

> > >I have a 1997 Saturn SC with coolant light that blink intermittently.
> > > Sometime it is some what rapid, other times the will stay off for
> > > several minutes and then start slowly blinking. Coolant lever is
> > > correct and the gauge never reads much higher that the first white
> > > mark. Any ideas?

> Thanks for the quick response. I will have that done today and post
> the results later.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Dano

Ok, I took it to Autozone and the error code was P0336. Has to do
with the crankshaft sensor. It doesn't reference my original
problem. What is the resolution for this error if anyone knows?

Thanks for your help.

Dano

Old July 5th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Steve[_6_]

"Dano" > wrote in message oups.com...
> On Jul 3, 1:52 pm, Dano > wrote:
>> On Jul 3, 1:43 pm, "Lane" > wrote:
>>

>> > Most obvious thing would be the coolant level sensor. But before you
>> > replace any parts based on guesses, have the stored codes read. Autozone
>> > will do it for no charge.

>> > Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
>> > ---
>> > Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page athttp://www.evilplastic.com

>> > "Dano" > wrote in message

>> ups.com...

>> Thanks for the quick response. I will have that done today and post
>> the results later.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> Dano

> Ok, I took it to Autozone and the error code was P0336. Has to do
> with the crankshaft sensor. It doesn't reference my original
> problem. What is the resolution for this error if anyone knows?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Dano

Google is your friend! http://www.google.com/search?tab=gw&q=saturn%20P0336 (some do not seem relevant, though).
Good luck!