What about the drag racer who KILLED SIX SPECTATORS on saturday? Why hasn't he been charged w murder?

Old June 18th 07, 09:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics,rec.autos.sport.nascar
!

Default What about the drag racer who KILLED SIX SPECTATORS on saturday? Why hasn't he been charged w murder?

On Jun 17, 11:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> Drag racing on a city street and loses control but is let off the hook
> with the standard excuse -- Hey dood. It was an accident.

This was a sanctioned event. The person really responsible for these
people's death are the organizers that allowed people to get this
close to that fast of a car.

Old June 18th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics,rec.autos.sport.nascar
Frank from Deeetroit

"!" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jun 17, 11:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > wrote:
>> Drag racing on a city street and loses control but is let off the hook
>> with the standard excuse -- Hey dood. It was an accident.

> This was a sanctioned event. The person really responsible for these
> people's death are the organizers that allowed people to get this
> close to that fast of a car.

A properly sanctioned street event would have Jersey barriers, cabled
together, with fencing to contain any crash debris from the spectators.
Most likely the city, the organizers, and the driver will be held
accountable in all of the civil cases that will spring out of this
unfortunate accident.

Old June 18th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics,rec.autos.sport.nascar
dahpater

On Jun 18, 9:21 am, "Frank from Deeetroit" >
wrote:
> "!" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > On Jun 17, 11:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > > wrote:
> >> Drag racing on a city street and loses control but is let off the hook
> >> with the standard excuse -- Hey dood. It was an accident.

> > This was a sanctioned event. The person really responsible for these
> > people's death are the organizers that allowed people to get this
> > close to that fast of a car.

> A properly sanctioned street event would have Jersey barriers, cabled
> together, with fencing to contain any crash debris from the spectators.
> Most likely the city, the organizers, and the driver will be held
> accountable in all of the civil cases that will spring out of this
> unfortunate accident.

>and the driver will be held
> accountable in all of the civil cases that will spring out of this
> unfortunate accident.

Not the drivers fault.

Old June 18th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics,rec.autos.sport.nascar

On Jun 18, 9:55 am, dahpater > wrote:
> On Jun 18, 9:21 am, "Frank from Deeetroit" >
> wrote:
>

> > "!" > wrote in message

> roups.com...

> > > On Jun 17, 11:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

> > > This was a sanctioned event. The person really responsible for these
> > > people's death are the organizers that allowed people to get this
> > > close to that fast of a car.

> > A properly sanctioned street event would have Jersey barriers, cabled
> > together, with fencing to contain any crash debris from the spectators.
> > Most likely the city, the organizers, and the driver will be held
> > accountable in all of the civil cases that will spring out of this
> > unfortunate accident.
> >and the driver will be held
> > accountable in all of the civil cases that will spring out of this
> > unfortunate accident.

> Not the drivers fault.

Except to the extent that he should have known better.
The city and the event organizers set this up, but a
professional drag racer should have looked at the
setup and said "No, this is too dangerous to that
crowd of people."

--
Walt Smith
Firelock on DALNet

Old June 18th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics,rec.autos.sport.nascar
Frank from Deeetroit

"dahpater" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jun 18, 9:21 am, "Frank from Deeetroit" >
> wrote:
>> "!" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...
>>
>> > On Jun 17, 11:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

>> > This was a sanctioned event. The person really responsible for these
>> > people's death are the organizers that allowed people to get this
>> > close to that fast of a car.

>> A properly sanctioned street event would have Jersey barriers, cabled
>> together, with fencing to contain any crash debris from the spectators.
>> Most likely the city, the organizers, and the driver will be held
>> accountable in all of the civil cases that will spring out of this
>> unfortunate accident.

>>and the driver will be held
>> accountable in all of the civil cases that will spring out of this
>> unfortunate accident.

> Not the drivers fault.

The driver is fully responsable as the operator of the motor vehicle. The
specators did not run real fast into a parked car and get killed, they were
killed while the driver was operating a motor vehicle on a public street,
lost control of the vehicle he was operating, left the roadway, causing
their death. Don't be surprised if he is charged with vehicluar homicide.
But, then again, this is the same area of TN where the preacher's wife
shotguns him to death, flees with their kids, and gets a light sentence afte
being found guilty of murder.

Old June 18th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics,rec.autos.sport.nascar
armpit

"Frank from Deeetroit" > wrote in message
. ..

> "!" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> On Jun 17, 11:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
>> > wrote:
>>> Drag racing on a city street and loses control but is let off the hook
>>> with the standard excuse -- Hey dood. It was an accident.

>> This was a sanctioned event. The person really responsible for these
>> people's death are the organizers that allowed people to get this
>> close to that fast of a car.
>>

> A properly sanctioned street event would have Jersey barriers, cabled
> together, with fencing to contain any crash debris from the spectators.
> Most likely the city, the organizers, and the driver will be held
> accountable in all of the civil cases that will spring out of this
> unfortunate accident.

Have you actually read anything about this incident? It wasn't a sanctioned
race. It was a charity car show/parade. The drag cars were doing abbreviated
burnouts in a guardrailed section of the road. Tony Critchley did an
extended burnout, lost control, and swerved into the crowd beyond the
guardrails. There have been no reports as to whether Crithcley was reckless
or had mechnical failure e.g. a stuck throttle.

Old June 18th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics,rec.autos.sport.nascar
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

! wrote:
> On Jun 17, 11:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > wrote:
>> Drag racing on a city street and loses control but is let off the hook
>> with the standard excuse -- Hey dood. It was an accident.

> This was a sanctioned event. The person really responsible for these
> people's death are the organizers that allowed people to get this
> close to that fast of a car.

BS. You think the driver should be absolved just because he was hired
to do this crazy stunt??? If someone pays me a thousand bucks to toss a
bomb in a crowd, am i let off just because just because i was hired??
THINK, you fuzzy-brained criminal coddler.
Old June 18th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics,rec.autos.sport.nascar

Frank from Deeetroit wrote:

> A properly sanctioned street event would have Jersey barriers, cabled
> together, with fencing to contain any crash debris from the spectators.
> Most likely the city, the organizers, and the driver will be held
> accountable in all of the civil cases that will spring out of this
> unfortunate accident.

"Unfortunate accident"?? Is that what you call this? The driver and
the organizers should go to prison for decades. If not murder, this was
at the very least manslaughter. Stop being a criminal coddler.
Old June 18th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics,rec.autos.sport.nascar
Mike Smith[_2_]

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:21:02 -0700, ! >
wrote:

>On Jun 17, 11:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
>> Drag racing on a city street and loses control but is let off the hook
>> with the standard excuse -- Hey dood. It was an accident.

>This was a sanctioned event. The person really responsible for these
>people's death are the organizers that allowed people to get this
>close to that fast of a car.

Always someone else's fault, eh?

Old June 18th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

"armpit" > wrote in
:

> "Frank from Deeetroit" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "!" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> On Jun 17, 11:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
>>>
>>> This was a sanctioned event. The person really responsible for these
>>> people's death are the organizers that allowed people to get this
>>> close to that fast of a car.
>>>

>> A properly sanctioned street event would have Jersey barriers, cabled
>> together, with fencing to contain any crash debris from the
>> spectators. Most likely the city, the organizers, and the driver will
>> be held accountable in all of the civil cases that will spring out of
>> this unfortunate accident.

> Have you actually read anything about this incident? It wasn't a
> sanctioned race. It was a charity car show/parade. The drag cars were
> doing abbreviated burnouts in a guardrailed section of the road. Tony
> Critchley did an extended burnout, lost control, and swerved into the
> crowd beyond the guardrails. There have been no reports as to whether
> Crithcley was reckless or had mechnical failure e.g. a stuck throttle.

I would say the driver WAS being reckless doing such things as burnouts
with bystanders nearby.
Do the same thing in town with a cop nearby,and they will write you a
ticket for reckless driving.
The fact that it was a Charity Event means nothing.The same goes for
"mechanical failure". He simply should not have been doing burnouts with
people nearby. Save that horseplay for the track,where crowds are
controlled and out of harm's way.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik