1995 Ford Explorer Transmission slipping

Old January 13th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default 1995 Ford Explorer Transmission slipping

My daughters tranny is slipping in the lower gears. I was wondring if it
would do any good to change the fluid and filter? There is 130,000 miles
on it. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scotto

Old January 13th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:45:09 -0500, "scotto44_2000"
> wrote:

>My daughters tranny is slipping in the lower gears. I was wondring if it
>would do any good to change the fluid and filter? There is 130,000 miles
>on it. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

At this point you have little to loose other than the cost of the
fluid. I've seen abused fluid allowing slippage, but it is not common.